Page 56 of 120 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Brace Amnesty

https://thereload.com/atf-says-impor...hed-next-week/

The Reload is reporting January 31 for a planned publication date. I have no idea how reliable that is.

Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    https://thereload.com/atf-says-impor...hed-next-week/

The Reload is reporting January 31 for a planned publication date. I have no idea how reliable that is.
    I wish they would have asked about the 1/13 date in the Trust helptext.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I wish they would have asked about the 1/13 date in the Trust helptext.
    I’ll let you know what happens with my application. I added the pistol to my trust inventory on 1/13 and had it notarized on 1/14 before applying for registration as a trust. If they kick my application back for it, so be it.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Supposedly the NSSF asked ATF about the 'no sharing' FAQ and the ATF replied:

“The Q&A currently listed on the eforms account is incorrect. In this scenario, the registered owner of the NFA weapon is co-located with the firearm and thus no transfer has occurred. However, if the person firing the NFA weapon is prohibited from possessing the firearm there could be a GCA violation. We are working to correct the site as quickly as possible.”

https://bearingarms.com/ryan-petty/2...-owners-n66642

Quote Originally Posted by whomever View Post
    Supposedly the NSSF asked ATF about the 'no sharing' FAQ and the ATF replied:

“The Q&A currently listed on the eforms account is incorrect. In this scenario, the registered owner of the NFA weapon is co-located with the firearm and thus no transfer has occurred. However, if the person firing the NFA weapon is prohibited from possessing the firearm there could be a GCA violation. We are working to correct the site as quickly as possible.”

Just saw that and was coming to post here. So they are crawfishing after getting called out. I'm shocked...

Quote Originally Posted by whomever;[URL="tel:1445751"
    1445751[/URL]]Supposedly the NSSF asked ATF about the 'no sharing' FAQ and the ATF replied:

Hmmm, either they’re backpedaling or the AFT has been hiring unemployed millennial “fact (FAQ) checkers” that got canned by Elon. I mean, it’s a DOJ website, not Wikipedia.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Amazed at the scrambling to get in compliance with our unconstitutional overlords. If I shared the mindset of many posters this thread, I'd just sell all my guns and get a different hobby and hope for the best WRT self-defense. No offense to anyone here, but if you are over worried about following AFT edicts, why not save money, time, and worry and stop this hobby because they will decree everything illegal at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    If you have ever installed a brace on a firearm then you have already complied.... a "free man" would have just rolled dirty or some shit like that.... I say it tongue in cheek but deep down we all know it's true.
    Life is full of compromises eh? Sure stocks are better, but I’m not getting arrested for having a brace on my 12” upper. Or I won’t be for next couple months anyway.

And for all the “Don’t Tread On Me” and “Come And Take It” bravado…nobody really wants to go to prison for it. Same reason we’re not all running around with select fires.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Life is full of compromises eh? Sure stocks are better, but I’m not getting arrested for having a brace on my 12” upper. Or I won’t be for next couple months anyway.

And for all the “Don’t Tread On Me” and “Come And Take It” bravado…nobody really wants to go to prison for it. Same reason we’re not all running around with select fires.
    Sun Tzu noted that there are some battles that are not to be fought.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    100% ageee with picking battles wisely. The difference between an AR pistol with a plain buffer tube and one with a brace is not worth jail.

However, the ATF may also be about to learn this lesson. The rule will certainly be challenged. Considering that braces have become accepted over years of being generally tolerated by ATF, and that we have a very second amendment friendly Supreme Court which is also inclined to limit agency rule making power, we could potentially come out of this in a stronger position than before the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    100% ageee with picking battles wisely. The difference between an AR pistol with a plain buffer tube and one with a brace is not worth jail.

However, the ATF may also be about to learn this lesson. The rule will certainly be challenged. Considering that braces have become accepted over years of being generally tolerated by ATF, and that we have a very second amendment friendly Supreme Court which is also inclined to limit agency rule making power, we could potentially come out of this in a stronger position than before the rule.
    True fact. There is no way that this has a leg to stand on in court after the recent SCOTUS decision on WV vs. EPA. That decision affirmed that federal alpha beta agencies are not constitutionally authorized to create new laws by revising or reinterpreting regulations. That right is constitutionally reserved to the federal legislative body. The fact that the ATF published opinions on the legality of pistol braces pretty much dooms any case that they would present in the future.

User Tag List