Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeper Pistols: Underrated, Underpriced, and Readily Available

Note- I'm thinking more current production stuff available new.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Is there a source for parts for G3 Smith and Wesson semi’s? Otherwise they’re not much of a value.
    Nope.

Arex delta m (gen 2)

Accurate, reliable, optics ready, high capacity(15 & 17 rounds in a gun that’s slimmer and lighter than a g19) and great trigger all at a pricepoint that’s accessible to just about anyone……doesn’t get the press of Glock or other higher profile brands but it’s in no way inferior….

It’s also a pretty readily available pistol, as are its mags which are also competitively priced.

The Achilles heel, as it is with a lot of pistols that aren’t firmly established in the American marketplace, is scarce aftermarket support…..hopefully this gets remedied as more people adopt the platform
    Last edited by MrInox; 09-04-2022 at 10:27 AM.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by MrInox View Post
    Arex delta m (gen 2)

Accurate, reliable, optics ready, high capacity(15 & 17 rounds in a gun that’s slimmer and lighter than a g19) and great trigger all at a pricepoint that’s accessible to just about anyone……doesn’t get the press of Glock or other higher profile brands but it’s in no way inferior….

It’s also a pretty readily available pistol, as are its mags which are also competitively priced.

The Achilles heel, as it is with a lot of pistols that aren’t firmly established in the American marketplace, is scarce aftermarket support…..hopefully this gets remedied as more people adopt the platform
    I realized I didn't know where Arex pistols are made and apparently it's Slovenia, which surprised me. I can't think of any other Slovenian guns, I'm wondering if their firearms industry is relatively new.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I realized I didn't know where Arex pistols are made and apparently it's Slovenia, which surprised me. I can't think of any other Slovenian guns, I'm wondering if their firearms industry is relatively new.
    Ian at Forgotten Weapons just did a factory tour which is worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQkjXKALCS0

Do you know what else is from Slovenia ?

Name:  Melania_Trump_official_portrait.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  24.1 KB

But back to gun related stuff, there's a group in Slovenia called Polenar Tactical, which describes itself as

Biggest European gun channel on YouTube.

We are a group of dedicated shooters and responsible gun owners interested in advancing firearm and shooting culture across our own country of Slovenia and across the World.

Our biggest passion is filming entertaining and educational videos which we upload to our YouTube channel.

Despite some of our less serious videos we are also passionate about advocating safe, responsible gun ownership, are sceptical of governmental gun control laws that limit access to individuals who wish to pursue the sport of shooting and/or require firearms for their personal protection.

We also strongly believe in personal freedom, responsibility and duty to ourselves and to others in our community who require our help.
    Last edited by BCG; 09-05-2022 at 09:12 AM.
    Yippee ki-yay

One I consider a sleeper and am sorely tempted to pick up is the RIA .38 snubbie. My brother has a 4" and it feels pretty decent. Trigger didn't suck. I'd lean towards the 2" or 3" models. One of the 3 or 4" has adjustable sights in 9mm.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    One I consider a sleeper and am sorely tempted to pick up is the RIA .38 snubbie. My brother has a 4" and it feels pretty decent. Trigger didn't suck. I'd lean towards the 2" or 3" models. One of the 3 or 4" has adjustable sights in 9mm.
    I had the Rock Island 1911 - the basic Mil Spec GI .45 Government - back when it was like $300 or something like that. Let me look it up...$329 is what I paid in December 2013. Wow, predating my Pistol-Forum days even.

I didn't keep it, but I credit it with why I eventually wanted some nicer 1911s. I used Wilson magazines with it and it was accurate and never had a single bobble. The wood grips were crappy and the finish was nothing special, but if I could do it over again I'd probably have just put some nicer grips on that and kept it. Rock Island is a budget company I have a lot of respect for, at least their 1911s.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post

I love his channel, thanks for that.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

A factory tour wasn't the only thing Ian did while in Slovenia. There may be more of an active gun culture in that country than I was aware of.

Tactical Shooting Competition | Lynx Brutality 2022

Polenar Tactical - July 17, 2022

Lynx Brutality is an extreme 2-gun competition that consists of physically demanding stages
    where competitors have to show strenght, endurance and good marksmanship skills all under
    a strict time limit.

This tactical shooting competition had 8 stages that were shot over the course of two days in
    Kočevje, Slovenia with the help of our friends at Lynx Training Center ( https://instagram.com/lynxprotactical ).

We are glad to announce that the event was a complete success with 70 competitors from all
    around Europe that joined us to sweat and suffer under the hot Slovenian sun.

If you’ve missed this one don’t worry... we can already confirm Lynx Brutality 2023!

Special thanks goes to all of the range masters, referees and volunteers that did a great job helping
    us out organising this event. It wouldn’t be possible without you, honestly!
    Yippee ki-yay

I concur with the SD9VE and the P07. Especially an SD9VE that you find used for less than $250.

Here’s a blog I wrote about my SD9VE’s a few years ago:https://gunsnobbery.wordpress.com/20...f-two-pistols/
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List