Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeper Pistols: Underrated, Underpriced, and Readily Available

Sleeper Pistols: Underrated, Underpriced, and Readily Available

So gang, what's the current consensus and suggestions for the service handguns in the sleeper category?

Those underrated, underpriced, and readily available service handguns that even the most ardent gun guys tend to go "oh, yeah... that gun!"

For instance, Sig SP2022, CZ P10, Beretta APX... what's some others?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Caniks are available in my LGS. Sub $500 and the people he hears back from love 'em

Site Supporter
    SD9VE and SD40VE. The 9 is more fun to shoot, but both seem to work very well, surprisingly well at their price point.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    SD9VE and SD40VE. The 9 is more fun to shoot, but both seem to work very well, surprisingly well at their price point.
    Add an Apex trigger kit and some Talon grips, and they are great guns. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone on a budget over similar guns in the price range, ie Ruger Security-9 or Taurus equivalent.
    They are basically knock off Gen 2 Glocks with a longer trigger pull.

I have seen the Canik's for as little as $279. Magazines are for the moment readily available, which was a problem for a while.

Great idea for a thread Joe. Im going to have to say the Ruger Max9 falls into this category. Tiny ,super reliable ( for me) gun with far better trigger than a glock and 13 round capacity. Oh and optic ready with no plate needed. Not my primary fighting pistol but a great little gun

CZ P01/P07

Site Supporter
    Police trade-in Glocks and M&Ps.

Readily available stands out to me as the current issue. I don't think anything CZ is ever readily available except maybe the P10. I would say the Beretta APX could fit the bill, but also, I do not see them commonly.

Arex delta and Mossberg MC2C stand out as better Glock clones that get very little attention and are still great value.

The Mossberg is the same design as Glock yet has less parts, doesn't require pulling the trigger to disassemble, true flush fitting mags that hold more rounds than comparable Glock, and optics cut low to allow for standard height sights when using optic. Add in flat trigger good grip texture, lower price, American made and American company plus full length RSA in 48 sized gun.

User Tag List