Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeper Pistols: Underrated, Underpriced, and Readily Available

I like the Masada. Comfortable grip and grip angle and it doesn't need an aftermarket trigger.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I agree that the Sig SP2022 is a good gun that was available for low prices but I wouldn’t say its readily available anymore since Sig isn’t producing them anymore.

The S&W SD9VE is a good option. They’re regularly going for $300 or so. Ditto for police trade-in Glocks. The S&W M&P 2.0 was a crazy good deal pre-2020. They were regularly selling for sub-$400 and S&W would periodically offer rebates too. Nowadays, they’re selling for higher prices. If you can qualify for Glock Blue Label, you can get a Gen5 Glock with the plastic sights for $400. That’s probably the best deal around. OP mentioned the Beretta APX and I have seen them for low prices sometimes. Haven’t heard anything really bad about them.

Site Supporter
    P10C. If only there was a gadget...
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I agree that the Sig SP2022 is a good gun that was available for low prices but I wouldn’t say its readily available anymore since Sig isn’t producing them anymore.
    A couple months back, I went looking for the supposedly "affordable" SP2022. Couldn't find them for less than $600 new.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Site Supporter
    Outside Glocks, SIG 3XX-series guns and M&Ps, I don't see any of the suggestions above as "readily available." Rugers in calibers LESS than 9mm maybe (380s and 22s).

I will add the Springfield XD pistols. They are usually available below $450 around East Tennessee.

I have a used Ruger Max9 with a CT RDS in lay-a-way right now, that I picked up for $401 +tax. And I saw a SIG 365XL used the other day, with an RDS for $500 at my LGS. Only came with one mag though and two additional mags were another $100. Since I already had the Ruger in lay-a-way, I passed. Saved myself about $150 on that one, since a two pack of Ruger Max9 is $46. But it was a most difficult decision.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Police trade-in Glocks and M&Ps.
    Particularly in .40
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    A couple months back, I went looking for the supposedly "affordable" SP2022. Couldn't find them for less than $600 new.
    The SP2022 was a sleeper 10-15 years ago. I think the market has (generally) found the hidden gem and priced it correctly.

That's not to say that you can't find deals on them, or people who are unfamiliar, but that's no more or less rare than most of the rest of the market.

They don't check the "readily available" box, but the HK's in 40 S&W are often overlooked.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Elite LTT RDO?

I have been spending more time with it and it continues to impress me when I shoot it.

Low recoil, reliable, accurate, great trigger, reliable good quality mags and accessories. What’s not to like?

I don’t know if people would consider it underpriced but it is underpriced for how it performs.

To me this is a no brainer with the new APX A1 release, it would be the first place I'd look for a budget striker fired polymer pistol. Another contender would be the P-10C if you can find them.

User Tag List