Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EDC Flashlight Review | Streamlight ProTac 2L-X

Site Supporter
    Thanks! Looks like I’m keeping the 2L

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Thanks! Looks like I’m keeping the 2L
    YAW

It really comes down to intended use. For a general purpose EDC light, a low-candela (flood) beam is ideal. For navigating a no-light environment (total darkness), finding something you dropped, etc., I find the broad, even beam preferable.

But where candela is king is for personal security in low-light environments. These are places where there's enough light to navigate on foot without a flashlight, but there's not enough light to see detail and/or there are pockets of total darkness;

Another consideration: the higher the luminous intensity (candela), the brighter the light appears to someone viewing it - or more blinding when the beam is purposely aimed at the eyes. It's in self-defense scenarios that high-candela lights (like the E2HT 18350) can be hugely beneficial.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Thoughts on this versus a G2 X tactical at about $60

For those who are not Big dealed on rechargeables

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Thoughts on this versus a G2 X tactical at about $60

For those who are not Big dealed on rechargeables
    G2X Tactical has a better feeling switch, the head is larger, single mode only. Has ~2K more candela. Made in the USA. This is my night stand light but isn't really carry-able for me. I carry the EDCL1-T now.

Streamlight has a narrower head, pocket clip and different modes if you need that. Made in China.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by APS-PF View Post
    G2X Tactical has a better feeling switch, the head is larger, single mode only. Has ~2K more candela. Made in the USA. This is my night stand light but isn't really carry-able for me. I carry the EDCL1-T now.

Streamlight has a narrower head, pocket clip and different modes if you need that. Made in China.
    What is the EDCL1-T?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    What is the EDCL1-T?
    Single cell Surefire with the gas pedal switch UI. Push a little for low, harder for high. Push is momentary only. Twist the tail cap for constant on. I have the two cell version, the EDCL2-T, which I really like. I lost it recently and carried a couple different lights. I was very happy when my wife found it.
    Last edited by Crashpad; 09-12-2022 at 12:25 PM.

User Tag List