Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Really Have a Hankering for a.32…

Site Supporter
    I had a desire for the Birdshead grip model of the Ruger. Fixed sights, classic look. If there was a ban such that we only could have SAA revolvers (for the children), that would be my gun of choice. Seven shots would be for the classic Western move when the bad guy thought you were out of ammo. There was a show Johnny Ringo, where he carried a LeMat and would always surprised the guy with the shotgun barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I have an itch for a Ruger Single-Seven in .327.

I would prefer a 3 or 4 inch K frame or a SP101 with adjustable sights but that^^ would do nicely too. Just a nice field gun...

Local shop got one of the Buckeye Sports .32-20/.32 Mag convertible Blackhawks in on consignment. $1100 with some wiggle room. I’m not a player for it but PM me and I can get you the shop contact info.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

There are PLENTY of .32 WCF/.32-20 firearms on the pre-ownwed market. Unless one hand-loads, or, in the case of revolvers, plans to re-barrel and/or re-chamber, it is best to ignore them.

I did, very nearly, buy a .32 WCF/32-20 USFA Single Action sixgun, but it was because it was engraved, and made so superbly by USFA, and available locally, so that I could have done a fee-free 90-day lay-away. Sourcing ammo would have been a nightmare.

Edited to add: .32 WCF and .32-20 are two names for the same cartridge. This was not a dual-cylinder weapon.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Local shop got one of the Buckeye Sports .32-20/.32 Mag convertible Blackhawks in on consignment. $1100 with some wiggle room. I’m not a player for it but PM me and I can get you the shop contact info.
    Too rich for my wallet. But I bet it’s nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    @Moped, If you haven't shot the 327 LCR you are welcome to shoot mine. I believe were are in the same area and I shoot frequently out at ORSA.

Good luck with your quest.
    I believe we share another Forum together Jamie. I might take you up on that offer one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Moped View Post
    I believe we share another Forum together Jamie. I might take you up on that offer one of these days.
    Yes indeed. You are always welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    Yes, 3 grains of Bullseye is fine in H&R Mag. brass with the Acme.
    I was able to get to the range and run the chrono today. (Chronoed several loads for a friend).

LCR 327

Starline 32 H&R mag brass (new)

100 gr Powder coated ACME bullets SWC profile

Winchester Small Pistol Primers

2.8 grs Bullseye Average 729 fps

3.0 grs Bullseye Average 764 fps

I was kinda surprised that .2 grs increase in the charge gave me an extra 30 fps.

As I was shooting from a pistol rest I can't really comment on the accuracy other than these rounds gave me a ragged hole at 10 yards.

FWIW 3.1 grs of W231 gave me 769 fps Average using the ACME bullets

Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

What is barrel-cylinder gap on the LCR? Velocity sounds low even for a 2-inch barrel. Have you measured factory .32 H&R?

@Outpost75

If I am measuring the gap correctly (first time I've done this) I can place the .009 or 23 mm blade through. I have no idea what the normal variations are.

I don't own any factory 32 H&R mag ammo. But I suppose it might be time to consider purchasing some...

Thank you Sir

User Tag List