Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Really Have a Hankering for a.32…

Really Have a Hankering for a.32…

I have no clue why. I have other pistols in different calibers to shoot. But I want a little .32. I saw a little Rossi M69 Stainless Steel 32 S&W Long, with a 3” barrel, on a local auction site. They kept it up for 5 days with no takers at $270, then took it down. I stopped in on Tuesday and looked at it. It’s got some light scratches, but other than that, it’s in perfect shape, with a nice trigger. Offered $200 and they said no. They have reposted it for $260, with the auction to begin next week. Trying to decide if I should go ahead and bid on it or watch it go by and if it doesn’t sell in five more days, go offer them $225 for it.

It’s a copy of the S&W 30 or 31. And as I said, it’s in excellent shape. Not looking for a carry gun. Just planning to use it for plunking.

Anyone got any personal experience with these little revolvers? Or thoughts about purchasing one? Thought about trying to find a .327 Federal, but those seem to be unobtainium.

Not a revolver, but a semi-auto: the Walther PP in .32acp.

I always considered the PPK in .380 to be a dumpster fire. Then, on a whim I bought a 1961 vintage PP in .32 at a gunshow. The trigger is excellent, reliability has been 100% and it's a sweet shooter. Come November I'll have to truss myself up for my daughter's wedding. I'll probably carry the PP during the ceremony.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Bond, James Bond…

Armorer to Bond(Dr. No ):
    “Walther PPK. 7.65 mil-delivery like a brick through a plate glass window.”

Sorry couldn’t resist. And I don’t know anything about .32 revolvers-again, sorry. But the little gun sounds neat.
    Life is short; scratch the itch

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Look for threads started by @Outpost75. They will not cure your hankering.

I keep wanting a six-shot .32 H&R SP101 with the drift-adjustable rear sight and 4-inch barrel, but they have gotten stupidly priced since Covid.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    M16 32 SWL
    Name:  32swl_TM.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  57.1 KB

Hand Ejector 32 SWL
    Name:  32swl_HE.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  45.9 KB

M&P 32-20
    Name:  3220MP.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  58.4 KB

What I would really like is a .327 Federal, but I don't like Ruger revolvers and prefer S&Ws, so it remains a thought.

Considering the Manurhin .32 personally, although it is spendy.

Quote Originally Posted by Moped View Post
    I have no clue why. I have other pistols in different calibers to shoot. But I want a little .32. I saw a little Rossi M69 Stainless Steel 32 S&W Long, with a 3” barrel, on a local auction site. They kept it up for 5 days with no takers at $270, then took it down. I stopped in on Tuesday and looked at it. It’s got some light scratches, but other than that, it’s in perfect shape, with a nice trigger. Offered $200 and they said no. They have reposted it for $260, with the auction to begin next week. Trying to decide if I should go ahead and bid on it or watch it go by and if it doesn’t sell in five more days, go offer them $225 for it.

It’s a copy of the S&W 30 or 31. And as I said, it’s in excellent shape. Not looking for a carry gun. Just planning to use it for plunking.

Anyone got any personal experience with these little revolvers? Or thoughts about purchasing one? Thought about trying to find a .327 Federal, but those seem to be unobtainium.
    Academy Sports has the .327 LCR available for shipment to your local store.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    M16 32 SWL
    Name:  32swl_TM.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  57.1 KB

Hand Ejector 32 SWL
    Name:  32swl_HE.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  45.9 KB

M&P 32-20
    Name:  3220MP.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  58.4 KB
    Beautiful pistols!!! Congrats!!!

A local gun forum has a SP101 with a 3 barrel for $750. Looks to be in good shape. Considering offering a trade with him on my Interarms Walther PPK/s.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Moped View Post
    Beautiful pistols!!! Congrats!!!

A local gun forum has a SP101 with a 3 barrel for $750. Looks to be in good shape. Considering offering a trade with him on my Interarms Walther PPK/s.
    Thanks!

I think you'll enjoy that SP101. 32 is a neat caliber in all its permutations. My M16 is like shooting a 22lr, but reloadable and with a bit more "umph" without the report of a 22lr.

Chris

Name:  D9D76A4D-3E99-40AD-88CD-C3EDD3231837.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  104.3 KB

A few years back , I called a semi-Local gunshop to check and see if they had a LCR327 in stock ,,,?
    They answered .. yes
    I left work and purchased it …
    Great revolver

User Tag List