Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems New Foundation Series

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Yep. I called them last year and asked about selling just the frames. No bueno. Had no plans to do so.
    They had a run of mr918 frames.

If anyone didn't mind stipled frames I think I have one or two ss frames I can sell now that I swapped to the p365xl

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    They had a run of mr918 frames.
    I think the 918 frame can still be purchased. Rocket City or another fairly well known shop was selling them. I assume they bought up whatever Shadow Systems had left over when they discontinued the 918.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I just want them to sell stripped frames for less than $200.
    I would be happy if they could just make guns that run, and staffed their CS department.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I like what they're doing here.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I would be happy if they could just make guns that run, and staffed their CS department.
    ^This.

If you can't make and service reliable pistols in your main product lines, it's hard to see how offering a budget model is going to change things.

This might not be a popular opinion, but I'd be completely fine if they dropped their Elite line of pistols and just focused this base model and Combat lines.

I don't know if it would help at all, but maybe with less going on with the FS and Combat series they'd be able to get their QC back to what it was. I don't know where the source of their current problems is coming from, but I would gladly drop the gold fluted barrels and extra cuts etc, if it meant they got back to where they were before the problems came up.

I have an MR920 Combat that I love, and was ready to grab a backup, but seeing everywhere that people have been having issues with the new pistols made me decide to just wait.

I came pretty close to selling my Gen 5 G19's to replace with SS all across, but I think this is just another case of "should have stuck with G19's" that was about to happen.

I do wish them the best though, and I truly hope they get back to what made them great

Site Supporter
    Gen5s swapped over to Nomad frames makes for a pretty nice Glock.

Name:  039C8A42-EDAD-47A6-B359-674291E5A164.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  39.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    ^This.

If you can't make and service reliable pistols in your main product lines, it's hard to see how offering a budget model is going to change things.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    Gen5s swapped over to Nomad frames makes for a pretty nice Glock.

Name:  039C8A42-EDAD-47A6-B359-674291E5A164.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  39.6 KB
    Those look great. Didn't know there was a frame that worked with Gen5 slides/internals.

If you use OEM slides/internals, do the Nomad frames have any effect on reliability?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Those look great. Didn't know there was a frame that worked with Gen5 slides/internals.

If you use OEM slides/internals, do the Nomad frames have any effect on reliability?

I’ve had no issues whatsoever with them - aftermarket or factory internals. They are both around 5,000rds

User Tag List