Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retro Glock First Gen

Retro Glock First Gen

https://youtu.be/XOcsBMU8m8c

Interesting. I wonder who will be buying these pistols.

Cheers, Steve

I bought an original Gen1 about ten years ago. Slick piece. I really liked the grip size and shape, and I shot it better than I expected.

I could live with the polygonal rifling but I'd like to see it with the modern barrel fitment, which that video didn't mention.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

It's in "Cool, I wouldn't mind having one for funsies" zone, but not quite up to the "I'd go and buy one if I see one for a good price" zone.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

What's the practical difference between this new offering and the model P80?
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Translation: they sold through all the “P80” gen3 guts in gen1 clothing almost instantly, so they’re just doing it again. Glock doing that Glock thing, and printing money.

That said, I bought the P80, because, hipster; nothing beats a gen3 trigger with a minus connector. I really like my P80, but it’s for shooting at things, not collecting. I’m not alone on that: @lwt16
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Interesting extraction at 2:11 and 4:48 marks.

My P80 seems to extract empties like it should.

I also agree that it’s for shooting. I have a coworker that still carries an original gen one G17. Sort of wish they would come out with a G19 from back in the day.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Interesting extraction at 2:11 and 4:48 marks.
    That killed it for me. PTSD started kicking in from my early adoption of Gen 4.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post

My P80 seems to extract empties like it should.
    Mine does too. Runs great; I use if for USPSA fun shoots when I’m not feeling like wheelgunning the match.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    The Lipseys Gen1 doesn't have a LCI, so the Apex extractor would be close to period correct. I contend that if Glock was determined not to use the 90 degree extractor cut on the breech face, then they should have gone full Gen5 for extractor design. The erratic ejection in the videos I've seen reduce my interest in this pistol, but I still really want one. It's an irrational want, because I know my 17.5 is an objectively better pistol. I keep telling myself that anyway.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

The Gen 5 ejector (47021 I beleive is the part number) worked perfectly in 3 of my Glocks that needed cleaning up on ejection. Cheap solution that has all my empties on a far reaching pile at my right.

User Tag List