Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Leupold DeltaPoint Micro On Gen 3 Glock G19

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    Not me. I would have maybe tried it if it wasn’t more bulk to hinder concealment and limit duty holster choices, a small window to reduce the ability to target focus and have “wobble room” with the dot or use it from awkward positions, and a front sight that takes up a substantial portion of the teeny window…

It’s a whole lotta nope.
    To be clear, I wouldn’t expect it to be good haha.

I just like getting firsthand knowledge of things both good and bad so I can more specifically learn if things are as good or bad as I suspect.

Being a regular Joe, that usually means buying a whole bunch of stuff to test.

My biggest issue with this is no SCD.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Enough time has passed so ..... I had heard of a great new product that was easy to install, easy to change batteries on, with a sealed emitter. Boy was I excited. When I saw the drawing pre release, I was dumbfounded. My reaction, which I made very clear, was DO NOT DO THIS, it will not be well received and will reflect badly on the big L.
    George, I went back to the original thread on this, and after multiple pages it looked like only 1 p-f member actually acquired one, was initially skeptical, and then became much more impressed with actual use. I see that you at that time, had an opportunity to handle and dryfire, but not live fire.

With all deference to your experience, expertise and both general and RDS acquired skills, I've got to say that to date with my use my reaction to it is significantly more favorable than yours. Part of that is doubtlessly due to me not running a Gadget on my Glocks (the Leupold DPM blocks and precludes its use), but otherwise I haven't operationally run into any issues. Granted, I'm not running any of my Glocks in appendix carry, but even if I did choose appendix carry I would limit it to hammer-fired pistols, which for the purposes of this thread is irrelevant since Leupold currently only makes the DPM for Glocks and M&Ps.

I'm curious if you've had an opportunity to actually install and run one of these on one of your Glocks/M&Ps. I'd be very interested to see your feedback after actual use.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    George, I went back to the original thread on this, and after multiple pages it looked like only 1 p-f member actually acquired one, was initially skeptical, and then became much more impressed with actual use. I see that you at that time, had an opportunity to handle and dryfire, but not live fire.

With all deference to your experience, expertise and both general and RDS acquired skills, I've got to say that to date with my use my reaction to it is significantly more favorable than yours. Part of that is doubtlessly due to me not running a Gadget on my Glocks (the Leupold DPM blocks and precludes its use), but otherwise I haven't operationally run into any issues. Granted, I'm not running any of my Glocks in appendix carry, but even if I did choose appendix carry I would limit it to hammer-fired pistols, which for the purposes of this thread is irrelevant since Leupold currently only makes the DPM for Glocks and M&Ps.

I'm curious if you've had an opportunity to actually install and run one of these on one of your Glocks/M&Ps. I'd be very interested to see your feedback after actual use.

Best, Jon
    This is the kind of thing that makes me super curious and wanting to buy one.

The popular opinion was that SAS sucked, but it turned out with a very good index they work very well and I adore mine (I have three).

I might have to buy one.

@JonInWA does Shawn want to send me one for testing? I’ll happily test one if he does or sells me one for $200.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    @JonInWA does Shawn want to send me one for testing? I’ll happily test one if he does or sells me one for $200.
    PM sent.

Best, Jon

Okay, I ordered one.

I wanted to stay unbiased in my evaluations so I decided to just purchase one.

Looked around and decided to go with a Smith and Wesson model for a couple reasons:

There are so many good Glock options already, from replacement slides to even dovetail mounts of cheap and light optics like the Burris FF3. I fully expect even a cheap small window optic to best the micro in performance. That’s not the point IMO.

Something like an SRO will best almost any pistol optic in performance unless design flaws come into play like auto sensor sucking or false double dot in low sun angle (ameliorated by the sun visor shade).

Name:  EBC66C75-94BB-424F-B4EE-13A433679FF4.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  74.3 KB

So that’s obviously not where this niche is going to be.

It has to offer something different and likely niche specific.

That’s the context that I’m looking at it.

So I got the M&P version because I personally have less RDS options with that.

And the slides aren’t as blocky as the Glock (which takes optics very well).

And it was cheaper than the Glock version.

I don’t think the Micro is going to outperform a traditional RDS and likely has no point on a full size gun like a 5” 2.0.

I’m thinking like “augmented irons.”

But I do own a Shield 1.0 in 9mm and one in 45ACP.

Those are pretty flat and slim.

If magazine restrictions come into play in the future, some retired guns are going to come back out of the safe.

Name:  75DE00F6-F4D4-49C0-B55F-26C4D386628E.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  50.6 KB

So I’m looking at the micro as kind of an SAS+ on a slim gun that doesn’t have a blocky slide.

Will try and come up with some exercises and drills for this niche.

The question isn’t “will it do better than…” because that answer is already “no.”

Just like a P365 doesn’t perform as well as a G34 in my hands.

But the question isn’t equivalence, it’s acceptability in the context of form factor and price.

If you have an older gun and are dot-curious, this might be a very cheap way to get into the game and at least get some dry fire feedback.

Will post up when I get it and design some tests if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by JCN; 09-01-2022 at 11:13 PM.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the in-depth review of these.

As I get the 47-year old eyes issue, I like the idea of a retrofit to my older M&P's without buying more guns.

JCN, do you have a source for the cheaper priced M&P versions? I do see they are a bit cheaper on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Thanks for the in-depth review of these.

As I get the 47-year old eyes issue, I like the idea of a retrofit to my older M&P's without buying more guns.

JCN, do you have a source for the cheaper priced M&P versions? I do see they are a bit cheaper on Amazon.
    I got mine off eBay for $250.
    Someone else won a bid for $170.

The MP seems to be about $50 cheaper than the Glock versions.

Site Supporter
    I was an early tester of these. As someone else said- it’s a whole lot of nope. Just no. I don’t know why Leupold wants to be “different” all the time, but “different” and “out of the box” from Leupy generally means hot garbage. Stick with a more traditional red dot.

User Tag List