Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: G26-P320 hybrid, JCN style

This seems like a no brainer for Glock. Would be by dream gun. Better yet maybe, put a G43x MOS slide kinda like the old G30s with the 36 slide, but better executed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Sooo, in the past when I felt the need for my Glock 26 to have a Glock 19 length grip I played with this sort of magazine "boot".

I can't find the brand I used back then on the internet anymore, but it was this concept;
    https://www.glockstore.com/X-Grip-fo...=1&custcol9=65
    Not exactly what you asked about, but check and easy
    I have some of those and they are good!

The issues come up when reloading…

And if there’s a concern with where the hump falls in your hand.

If the X-grip was polymer and not rubber then I would have heat welded it to the base and flattened the hump, easy peasy.

I'm completely ignorant about this, but didn't the Gen5 update all of the locking blocks, etc so they're interchangeable? Perhaps this is just between the 34/17/19, and not the 26. If it is the same on all versions of the platform, couldn't you just shorten the dust cover on a 19 frame?

If you're set on modifying, wouldn't it be easier to chop the longer grip frame/handle off a G19 frame and graft it on to the G26 upper frame? Basically cut the grip/handles off both guns and swap. Leave the fire control components and rails completely alone.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    I'm completely ignorant about this, but didn't the Gen5 update all of the locking blocks, etc so they're interchangeable? Perhaps this is just between the 34/17/19, and not the 26. If it is the same on all versions of the platform, couldn't you just shorten the dust cover on a 19 frame?

If you're set on modifying, wouldn't it be easier to chop the longer grip frame/handle off a G19 frame and graft it on to the G26 upper frame? Basically cut the grip/handles off both guns and swap. Leave the fire control components and rails completely alone.
    I think it would be possible to fill the backstraps with brownells acraglass or other epoxy (after removing and blocking off the trigger assembly) and insert two screws which should give good torsional stability and mechanical bonding. Then you plastic weld the outside and mag well area. The downside of this is you would end up with one donor frame that was a bit shorter that a standard 26 frame.

If y’all will excuse my shitty markup sketches red are screws blue is epoxy.

Name:  7A10C39D-8646-4611-914A-532440E4E652.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  20.8 KB

Name:  B6BAB393-B202-4156-9EA1-D01318D63FBA.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  21.2 KB

ETA:: the biggest concern with extending the grip would be the internal seam in the magwell. I don’t know if it could be joined smooth enough to not cause issues when loading.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 08-31-2022 at 06:30 PM.

Site Supporter
    I use X-Grips on a Glock 26 and HK P-30SK.They work as advertised and do so better than any other similar device tried.

Site Supporter
    I recently saw a 3D printed frame with a G19 length grip mated to a G26 slide. I really liked it, but I don't have a 3D printer.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Yes but concerned about the strength of the grip when fully cut and welded.

If I did that I would zig zag the cut for stability.

So trying to not affect structural integrity.

OTM sometimes sells chopped up Glocks and that would be the easy button.

Going to pseudo do it with a P320 grip module donor.

Rails on all Glocks are still too forward to fit G26 slides

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I think it would be possible to fill the backstraps with brownells acraglass or other epoxy (after removing and blocking off the trigger assembly) and insert two screws which should give good torsional stability and mechanical bonding. Then you plastic weld the outside and mag well area. The downside of this is you would end up with one donor frame that was a bit shorter that a standard 26 frame.

If y’all will excuse my shitty markup sketches red are screws blue is epoxy.

Name:  7A10C39D-8646-4611-914A-532440E4E652.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  20.8 KB

Name:  B6BAB393-B202-4156-9EA1-D01318D63FBA.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  21.2 KB

ETA:: the biggest concern with extending the grip would be the internal seam in the magwell. I don’t know if it could be joined smooth enough to not cause issues when loading.
    I get the sense that heat welding if just at the magwell would work fine.

I did a stealth humpectomy that I love.

Name:  BCDF5D90-9501-44C6-823D-CD33154F7AD6.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  36.6 KB

Name:  8C79843F-E86A-45DA-A3A0-231376551FC4.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  40.0 KB

Name:  A3B37FE4-EDD8-437C-BFFA-18FA5E3E08A8.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  35.3 KB

Name:  C0C4855D-C9DB-426B-ABF8-713A818EFDE5.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  41.1 KB

Site Supporter
    @JCN have you looked or run anything into the backstrap on that 19x to see how smooth the interior surfaces are?

My “what could go wrong thought” was that you either don’t get full penetration of the weld and have a small seam that could flex open ever so slightly under grip pressure, or you get full penetration and leave deformations in the mag well that you then have to deal with smoothing out. I ain’t saying don’t try it, just throwing out some possible problems I came up with when I was brainstorming on the same project a while back that made me decide I didn’t want to mess with it. I hope you do it and it turns out great.

A magazine wrapped with some heavy duty aluminum or stainless steel foil foil might make a decent mandrel while you’re welding.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    @JCN have you looked or run anything into the backstrap on that 19x to see how smooth the interior surfaces are?

My “what could go wrong thought” was that you either don’t get full penetration of the weld and have a small seam that could flex open ever so slightly under grip pressure, or you get full penetration and leave deformations in the mag well that you then have to deal with smoothing out. I ain’t saying don’t try it, just throwing out some possible problems I came up with when I was brainstorming on the same project a while back that made me decide I didn’t want to mess with it. I hope you do it and it turns out great.

A magazine wrapped with some heavy duty aluminum or stainless steel foil foil might make a decent mandrel while you’re welding.
    So the nice thing about reshaping the hump is that on a Glock, the hump is a separate compartment than the magwell!

I learned this when doing the “GripFix” modification where you hacksaw off the hump and glue a smaller one back.

In this case I just flattened the hump but didn’t touch the magwell.

Since I plan on flattening a 19 hump for this project I can reinforce the weld / joint to the rear but I do plan on welding the seam around from the inside when I extend the grip. Which is why I would like to just add on to the bottom instead of chopping and replacing a whole grip.

Name:  259DF4AD-E4A9-4C52-BF8D-311109E93A4C.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  32.4 KB

The problem is the location of the rails, not the locking block.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List