Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: G26-P320 hybrid, JCN style

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I got suggestion that my proposed frame rail modification could be considered “manufacture” and run amok of ATF standards.

Does anyone have any help or clarification or resource I might be able to ask about this?

Philosophically, modifying the rail isn’t changing the type of firearm this is… but the ATF never had to make sense.

If anyone can help me out before I go down this route why it might be frowned upon, that would be great.

To clarify. I would be using existing serialized frames and not be defacing the existing serial numbers.

The P320 frame would just be to cut part of the bottom to add to the existing G26 frame. Like a welded magwell, if you will.

The frame rail modification would just be relocating the rail rearward a few centimeters, I’m guessing where this would potentially cause issues?

HELP PF!

@HCM
    I’m not HCM, but my understanding is that as long as you don’t make it a machine gun, put a stock on it (making an SBR) or remove, change or obliterate the serial number you can cut up a receiver however you want to. You can’t “manufacture” a pistol that is already on the books as a pistol. I’m thinking that person is getting the 80% reciever rules confused with what you’re doing.

ETA: I’ll re-read the relevant laws this evening to double check.

Double edit: 1911 smiths weld up frame rails so the gun is temporarily unusable and re-mill them all the time.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 08-31-2022 at 10:34 AM.

I'm a Glock armorer, so I ought to know this, but why can't you just swap locking blocks and put the upper on? Assuming there's clearance for the RSA and "nose" of the slide, I can't imagine that having the forward rails a fractional distance forward will hurt things.

Or, I could just be a goober what doesn't know f'-all about this...

Well, there is this 'tarded thing...

FULL CONCEAL M3 FOLDING GLOCK 19
    Name:  516447229.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  21.9 KB
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/full...ne-m3g19f.html
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Hey, hurry up with the project so I can make negative comments.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I'm a Glock armorer, so I ought to know this, but why can't you just swap locking blocks and put the upper on? Assuming there's clearance for the RSA and "nose" of the slide, I can't imagine that having the forward rails a fractional distance forward will hurt things.

Or, I could just be a goober what doesn't know f'-all about this...
    It’s my understanding that the current placement of rails on a 19 doesn’t let a 26 slide come back far enough to eject.

Name:  82D01BC0-26CE-4F0F-BDF7-E5634907577F.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  63.4 KB

But I could be wrong! I will try removing the locking block and see if I can get clearance.

That would be great if that was the case.

The nose of the slide that holds the RSA will interfere with the existing plastic though. So I think at a minimum that needs to be clearanced.
    Last edited by JCN; 08-31-2022 at 11:00 AM.

Site Supporter
    I got suggestion that my proposed frame rail modification could be considered “manufacture” and run amok of ATF standards.

Does anyone have any help or clarification or resource I might be able to ask about this?

Philosophically, modifying the rail isn’t changing the type of firearm this is… but the ATF never had to make sense.

If anyone can help me out before I go down this route why it might be frowned upon, that would be great.

To clarify. I would be using existing serialized frames and not be defacing the existing serial numbers.

The P320 frame would just be to cut part of the bottom to add to the existing G26 frame. Like a welded magwell, if you will.

The frame rail modification would just be relocating the rail rearward a few centimeters, I’m guessing where this would potentially cause issues?

HELP PF!

@HCM
    Legality wise, if it’s not an NFA item and you’re not making it for resale you’re good to go.

Unless one is a prohibited person, making or modifying your own non NFAhins, for your own use is like brewing your own beer at home for you vs making it for resale.

@HCM thank you!

It’s my understanding that the current placement of rails on a 19 doesn’t let a 26 slide come back far enough to eject.

The nose of the slide that holds the RSA will interfere with the existing plastic though. So I think at a minimum that needs to be clearanced.
    All of that makes sense. Hope it's simpler than a full surgical rebuild. Watching with interest, not because I'm interested in something like this, but because it makes me giggle watching you hack up your guns!

I was skeptical and a bit revolted by this at first. But…Assuming there’s no legal issue, or risk of injury, these mods can at least serve as proof of concept prototypes. Who knows, maybe a gun manufacturer could be interested.

Innovation is good.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Sooo, in the past when I felt the need for my Glock 26 to have a Glock 19 length grip I played with this sort of magazine "boot".

I can't find the brand I used back then on the internet anymore, but it was this concept;
    https://www.glockstore.com/X-Grip-fo...=1&custcol9=65
    Not exactly what you asked about, but check and easy
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

User Tag List