Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Father shoots daughter’s boyfriend

If the dad was inside the home, shooting through a doorway, and probably shooting through the closed or partially-open door, he may not have a good view of the invader, and stopped at three, when he perceived that the break-in had ceased.

If the dad DID have an unobstructed view of the invader, then, yes, of course, the simple factor of human reaction time applies. We can see that shooting is no longer necessary, but it takes a while for that to work its way through the assessment loop.

The you-tube video seems to have been taken down, but, based upon the one time I viewed it, that distinctive, prolonged blink, and that look in the invader’s eyes, after the blink, well, I cannot read minds, but if pure rage has a look, that was it.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    So I got a text from my sister yesterday about this very event.

Now...to describe her as "left wing" would be like calling the pope "sorta religious"...so I was surprised when she was all about the little turd on video getting lit up.

A bunch of liberal men on Twitter have basically been saying Dad should have done a better job of negotiating and de-escalating

To which my sister opines that:

"I told them it's essentially a property argument, where everyone is arguing that the property should have been destroyed rather than the man. Essentially the argument is that the father should have turned his daughter over to whatever the dude wanted to do."

She's rather opposed to that.

Basically her opinion is maybe a little different than the "lay a hand on my kid and you'll be wheeled out of here"

But it still ends with the "glock 17 go brrrr"

Maybe there's hope for her after all...

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    So I got a text from my sister yesterday about this very event.

Now...to describe her as "left wing" would be like calling the pope "sorta religious"...so I was surprised when she was all about the little turd on video getting lit up.

A bunch of liberal men on Twitter have basically been saying Dad should have done a better job of negotiating and de-escalating

To which my sister opines that:

"I told them it's essentially a property argument, where everyone is arguing that the property should have been destroyed rather than the man. Essentially the argument is that the father should have turned his daughter over to whatever the dude wanted to do."

She's rather opposed to that.

Basically her opinion is maybe a little different than the "lay a hand on my kid and you'll be wheeled out of here"

But it still ends with the "glock 17 go brrrr"

Maybe there's hope for her after all...

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

This is always the default go-to "reasoning" from UOF critics(well, that and racism). The victim didn't give the suspect enough time or chances to not commit their crime.
    They shamelessly use hindsight to point out all the ways the victim coulda/shoulda done better and guarantee they woulda been fine. Guaranteed.
    Funny, they NEVER criticize the suspect-at all-for committing the crime and continuing it in the face of resistance. They'd rather question the motives of the victim.
    The onus is forever on the victim to acquiesce to the crime and to allow themselves to be completely at the "mercy" of the criminal.
    It's beyond dishonest and despicable.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    This is always the default go-to "reasoning" from UOF critics(well, that and racism). The victim didn't give the suspect enough time or chances to not commit their crime.
    They shamelessly use hindsight to point out all the ways the victim coulda/shoulda done better and guarantee they woulda been fine. Guaranteed.
    Funny, they NEVER criticize the suspect-at all-for committing the crime and continuing it in the face of resistance. They'd rather question the motives of the victim.
    The onus is forever on the victim to acquiesce to the crime and to allow themselves to be completely at the "mercy" of the criminal.
    It's beyond dishonest and despicable.
    I had a similar thought when reading an article not too long ago about a local police department obtaining body cameras for all their officers and how great this was and how it was desperately needed to "improve community relations".

I thought to myself, so if the police are taking "much needed" steps to improve relations, what exactly is the community doing and offering to improve these so called rElaTiOnS? The answer is absolutely nothing.

Its a one way street where people can just be pieces of shit criminals with zero responsibility but its the police who need to do a better a job.

'Ex-boyfriend', not 'boyfriend'.

OP's title is misleading.

User Tag List