Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reasonably priced dovetail front sight pusher?

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Correction on my last post… the tool is made by NCStar. I think VISM is their subdivision!?!?

Attachment 95588
    I have that one, but on fronts you can only push on the blade.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

They make 2 different versions, rear only and front/rear. You might have the rear only tool. If you look in the posted pic, there are 2 T-handles. One if for the front and the other is for the rear. The front has a finger that pushes the dovetail.

Front/rear tool
    Name:  30FDFE93-E865-4760-92BA-C9A9975C6F6F.jpeg
Views: 246
Size:  42.1 KB

Rear only tool
    Name:  9C1BA2AD-D9A3-42C5-897D-861E19805B75.jpeg
Views: 243
Size:  21.8 KB

They make 2 different versions, rear only and front/rear. You might have the rear only tool. If you look in the posted pic, there are 2 T-handles. One if for the front and the other is for the rear. The front has a finger that pushes the dovetail.

Front/rear tool
    Name:  30FDFE93-E865-4760-92BA-C9A9975C6F6F.jpeg
Views: 246
Size:  42.1 KB

Rear only tool
    Name:  9C1BA2AD-D9A3-42C5-897D-861E19805B75.jpeg
Views: 243
Size:  21.8 KB
    Aha! I missed that - this is the tool I need. Thank you!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Shoutout to @Pnut for the pointer - the new pusher arrived and is exactly what I needed. Thanks!
    Ken

Glad I could help. I purchase the rear only tool first but ended up gifting it to a friend after I discovered the front/rear tool!

Site Supporter
    Correction on my last post… the tool is made by NCStar. I think VISM is their subdivision!?!?

Attachment 95588
    Should have mine tomorrow. I got tired of pounding sights in and out without damaging the pistol or the sights.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Just a tip for using the VISM pusher…. Take your time setting up your slide in the tool! Since it’s a UNIVERSAL tool, the thing has tons of adjustments. Especially make sure the UP/DOWN adjustment is correct. You want the pusher nub only touching the sight base and not digging into your slide.

Another tip is to clamp the tool in a vice. Some sights are REALLY wedged in there so a lot of torque might be needed to get it moving. You can use a wrench or socket over the pusher knobs if you need more leverage.

If you’re really anal, cover up the slides surfaces with masking tape wherever the tool claps down on it.

Set up will take more time than actually pushing the sights!

Site Supporter
    Just a tip for using the VISM pusher…. Take your time setting up your slide in the tool! Since it’s a UNIVERSAL tool, the thing has tons of adjustments. Especially make sure the UP/DOWN adjustment is correct. You want the pusher nub only touching the sight base and not digging into your slide.

Another tip is to clamp the tool in a vice. Some sights are REALLY wedged in there so a lot of torque might be needed to get it moving. You can use a wrench or socket over the pusher knobs if you need more leverage.

If you’re really anal, cover up the slides surfaces with masking tape wherever the tool claps down on it.

Set up will take more time than actually pushing the sights!

Thanks for the advice. Set up takes some time especially the first time. Had to use a wrench to get my P228 front sight to move. Would never have gotten it out with a punch. Well worth the money.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Glad it worked out! I didn’t read the manual my first time, but later found out there are small windows on the sides near the the pusher screws. They are supposed to be used to look through to help lineup the pusher nubs. They are tiny though and didn’t help me… maybe because my old eyes! But your experience might vary.

Site Supporter
    Glad it worked out! I didn’t read the manual my first time, but later found out there are small windows on the sides near the the pusher screws. They are supposed to be used to look through to help lineup the pusher nubs. They are tiny though and didn’t help me… maybe because my old eyes! But your experience might vary.
    Manual? You got a Manual!!! I watched the You Tube videos... Lol

The videos actually covered the windows in the sides. Didn't really do much for me either. A flashlight and magnified visor helped. I've got Old Guy Eyes too.

User Tag List