Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith and Wesson M&P9 M2.0 Metal

Site Supporter
    Maybe there will be a 5” model that’s steel? Here’s hoping. A 5” steel m2.0 with Apex barrel and trigger would be pretty impressive.

Vending Machine Operator
    While it looks super freaking badass and I love M&Ps, I have some trepidation about how many parts of the frame lack texture. I did not like the Gen 1 M&Ps, they were slippery and I don't like a slippery gun.

Still would be very onboard to try this one depending on price though.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Feels like a missed opportunity that it won't easily take aftermarket g10 grips like the AXG.

I applaud the effort…however…SIG has literally shown them the way with how to do grip panels to provide necessary texturing. This is just a bigger, striker fired, CSX. I’m not buying an aluminum framed gun just to slap grip tape on it where it should have texturing from the factory. I’m also not sending it off for checkering.

Release a 2.1 version with properly thought out grip panels. S&W, you’re not Glock, so you can’t just be this lazy like Glock was with their backstrap system. This is even lazier than that plus you don’t have the market share. Do better. And fix your damn M&P 9 barrel to slide lockup while you’re at it. It’s embarrassing.

And…….the 9’s will still need a $200 barrel…..

Site Supporter
    1. Would be more intriguing if milled direct to accept the Acro

2. I would not lots of "machined out" points where the grip tape could go quite neatly

3. Some would say that side texturing is overrated and it is textured (somewhat at least) on the frontstrap/backstrap where it "counts."

4. Admitted NIT PICK-While an attractive couple, both of them "break" their grip while shooting. Can we not concentrate and make sure that does not happen and/or it is not captured on film?
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    I applaud the effort…however…SIG has literally shown them the way with how to do grip panels to provide necessary texturing. This is just a bigger, striker fired, CSX. I’m not buying an aluminum framed gun just to slap grip tape on it where it should have texturing from the factory. I’m also not sending it off for checkering.

Release a 2.1 version with properly thought out grip panels. S&W, you’re not Glock, so you can’t just be this lazy like Glock was with their backstrap system. This is even lazier than that plus you don’t have the market share. Do better. And fix your damn M&P 9 barrel to slide lockup while you’re at it. It’s embarrassing.

Well put. Exactly where I'm at on the M&P (after 10 years, multiple generations of them, and too much fiddling + Apex parts to get them to shoot--oh yeah, and there were things like the abortive Gen 2 "ambidextrous" slide lever, which "fixes" the auto-forwarding from Gen 1). Sold my last M&P about 2 months ago, not looking back. They get a great idea, they execute to about 90%, but the final delivery of the pistol/product seems it is always lacking in some critical elements that pushes you away to a competing platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    And…….the 9’s will still need a $200 barrel…..
    Exactly. And likely an Apex trigger, if it's for defensive use, since many of their new 2.0 bladed triggers are running as light as 4lb and do not have a crisp distinctive reset compared to Sigs and Glocks.

User Tag List