Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Smith and Wesson M&P9 M2.0 Metal

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    I have hopes that they will release a steel 5” version. Maybe they see this one as a carry option and then will produce the competition 5” in steel
    I am more hopeful they make a 2.0 Carry with the aluminum slide as that would fit CCP and would be an interesting competitor.

https://youtu.be/VZv4zXcYcNo

Jerry got his hands on one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally love to watch Jerry shoot.

But....a single 3 shot group is not that convincing that S&W has done anything to address the issues in the platform. I'm referring mainly to the barrel lockup. But he also doesn't like the new trigger much and plans to replace it.

Do you still have to remove the rear site to service the striker block on this one?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Risto View Post
    https://youtu.be/VZv4zXcYcNo

Jerry got his hands on one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If that's a factory stock gun, that's lovely.

My problem is that I know for certain that S&W shipped 1.0 guns with Performance Center fitted barrels to industry/influencer types so their guns didn't exhibit accuracy problems.

If that's the same barrel that errebody gets in the guns and it stays mated to the slide for the proper length of time, happy day. If I bought one I'd still be likely to stick an Apex barrel in it.

As for the trigger, I'm not surprised a competition shooter wants a lighter trigger in the gun. Lighter triggers are more forgiving. An error with a 6 pound trigger results in a charlie where the same error in a 2 pound trigger results in an alpha. It makes sense there.

It's a terrible idea for a street trigger.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
    Do you still have to remove the rear site to service the striker block on this one?
    The optics cut on M&P's go right through where the striker block lives in the gun. So on those guns the striker block is held in place by a retainer plate that is easily removable via a fastener.
    3/15/2016

The Aluminum is interesting for the 'Stack a Toe' / ghetto 2011 concept.

At 30 oz, its right between the weights of the Staccato P Aluminum (28oz) and Steel (33oz) weights.

Right? If only I could put a safety in it.
    3/15/2016

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by MrInox View Post
    The grip texture on the 2.0 guns (at least the early batches, I’ve heard they softened it up a bit recently) was way too harsh. The abrasive grip texture of my 2.0 compact became so onerous (rubbing my skin pink even with an undershirt and tearing up shirts) that I sold it despite loving pretty much everything else about the gun. It looks like the same kind of abrasive front & backstraps have made their way to these guns….i could be wrong and these could be like the shield + or newer 2.0s though….
    I love the fierce grip texture but the other day I didn't wear an undershirt and concealed my M2.0 Compact and by the end of the walk I had to admit that is a very valid criticism.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

These work with standard holsters?

User Tag List