Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are characteristics of a pistol that will run the cheapest 9mm reliably?

What are characteristics of a pistol that will run the cheapest 9mm reliably?

Looking to buy a semi auto 9mm, even though I don't really need one. Just want something to run the hell out of while shooting as cheaply as possible. So it got me thinking, what are some characteristics of a pistol that would make it conducive to running the cheapest stuff. Barrel/slide length, heavy vs a lighter slide, hammer or striker, polygonal or traditional rifling and so on. If a pistol was being made from the ground up to run the cheap stuff specifically, what would it look like and what's out there already that comes the closest to that? I don't know the ins and outs of pistols to have much of an idea, that's why I'm asking you guys. The only thing I can think of is maybe a longer barrel at least 4" might be good to keep flash down since cheap ammo doesn't use any kind of flash suppressant powder. Let me know what you think, thanks.

It starts with a "G" and ends with a "7" or "9".

Seriously, all I run in my 19 is the cheapest stuff. Tons of Tula and Wolf. Lots of Freedom Munitions. Very few problems and most were misfires that popped the second time.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    It starts with a "G" and ends with a "7" or "9".

Seriously, all I run in my 19 is the cheapest stuff. Tons of Tula and Wolf. Lots of Freedom Munitions. Very few problems and most were misfires that popped the second time.
    Funny, I was gonna say "Made in Austria"...but I do have one made in the USA.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    See above.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    That's the first thing that came to mind.

Also, I've had zero issues with a USP full size or compact.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I came here to say “it has a G on the slide followed by an L, an O, a C, and a K,” but it looks like others have already said the same thing basically. TBH my M&P has chugged through more WWB, remanufactured dirt cheap ammo, and my crappy reloads than could be expected.

Glock. But with a lighter recoil spring.

Beretta 92 marked with Italy, Maryland, or New York.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    Beretta 92 marked with Italy, Maryland, or New York.
    New York ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    New York ?
    Beretta was imported by the Berben Corporation based in NYC before they setup shop in Murdaland.

User Tag List