Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unarmed options in Norway

Researched a little bit, found this (via Google via Reddit):

spyshop.no/swedish-body-armour-forsvarsspray.html

Machine translation

Dude on Reddit wrote, it's legal in Norway. Could not find the ingredients.

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    Researched a little bit, found this (via Google via Reddit):

spyshop.no/swedish-body-armour-forsvarsspray.html

Machine translation

Dude on Reddit wrote, it's legal in Norway. Could not find the ingredients.
    Why is there a box of matches in that pic? Are you supposed to light the stream—or the guy—on fire? That could be epic…

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Lutefisk can be used as an impact weapon, and is readily available.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I was wearing this when I was in Finland...

https://lenwood.com/shop/belts/bft/
    Webbing, leather, conveyor belt? What option did you choose?

I like those and a black and brown leather one might be a nice addition for semi-formal wear at professional conferences.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Webbing, leather, conveyor belt? What option did you choose?

I like those and a black and brown leather one might be a nice addition for semi-formal wear at professional conferences.
    Conveyor.

Be careful if you practice with it... lots of ways to go wrong with that thing.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Conveyor.

Be careful if you practice with it... lots of ways to go wrong with that thing.
    Seems like the kind of thing to wrap up pretty firmly in foam before you go swinging it around. Thanks for the warning.

___

I haven't been to Norway, so I am unsure of their transit system. But in my general European experience, coins are used frequently in Europe for transit and of course most of the smaller Euro denominations are in coin form. Something like a Mean Gene Leather Hot Tamale might be a nice addition to the kit. I see they have a new, slightly narrower version which probably works better than the original wide version https://www.meangeneleather.com/shop...s2-coin-purse/. Because it stacks the coins in a roll is pretty tightly packed around them. That actually makes it more Blackjack like than sap like. In my experience, Jacks hit HARD
    even with low weight, because the force is concentrated in a small area. By contrast if you can't get enough weight into the head of a sap, it doesn't have the same effect, since the weight is spread out more.

I like that Sloppy Seconds design...enough so, I just ordered one for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Seems like the kind of thing to wrap up pretty firmly in foam before you go swinging it around. Thanks for the warning.
    ...I just ordered one for myself.
    There's the deployment aspect: getting it off your pants and onto your wrist (loop over wrist, grab both parts). Then, figuring out how long you want the business end. A lot of my practice was aimed low, discouraging an attack from multiple people by striking the legs.

@RevolverRob, if you want to FaceTime when your belt arrives, let me know. I had a lesson on use by a very capable friend who works EP.

Site Supporter
    I agree with the suggestion of MMA or BJJ. Any improvised contact weapon that can be carried will depend on the ability to make contact, much of which will come from unarmed skills. Additionally, the unarmed skills are likely the most important option.

Regarding walking sticks, this is a suggestion that I have occasionally made. Right now, the arthritis in one of my knees has flared up to the point where I am using a Cold Steel city stick to help walk around until my appointment with my knee doctor. Although a good stick is a very effective weapon, I certainly do not look like a hard target when I am using it to walk around. I will be much more confident in my ability to avoid trouble in the first place once I get my knee straightened out and I’m walking normally again.

Pens and flashlights are also generally legal to carry anywhere (with the disclaimer that I know little about foreign laws). A Malkoff Bodyguard version two with a fully shrouded switch is as good a Yawara/Kubotan type weapon as you will find. The TuffWriter Retro Click pens have no characteristics which would make them identifiable as potential weapons, but are truly tough pens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Why is there a box of matches in that pic? Are you supposed to light the stream—or the guy—on fire? That could be epic…

Scale. That is a rather small cannister.

User Tag List