Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unarmed options in Norway

Unarmed options in Norway

A buddy has been having lots of interesting interactions with Iranians at church in Norway. He is looking for a source of pepper spray, which is moderately illegal; I don't think he's going to find much.

So, the next best thing would probably be something like an ECQC class. Do we know any competent trainers in Norway or Finland?
    Ignore Alien Orders

Carry a nice, stout, cane?

Cardio?

Probably needs a new church.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Probably needs a new church.
    He's Lutheran so of COURSE I told him that*, but it's beside the point.

He said they had been seeing a number of Iranian immigrants who were attending shyly but in earnest, often women, but then some bearded surly uncles started showing up and vibing the crap out of everybody, and poof there are no more Iranians at all. It isn't hard to imagine that escalating in some ugly ways.

*if he were to convert to Catholicism, as I'd like, he'd mostly just be really culturally isolated in church. I've been to mass a number of times in Norway, and your choices are Polish, Tagalog, Spanish, or Vietnamese. Catholicism is the religion of the help in Scandinavia. On the other hand, I'd like to see how the surly uncles would get on in a Polish church.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Norwegian shooters "aged" out...

The competition shooters I knew of in that part of the world have retired/died. But, he might inquire at gun clubs to openly ask about retired military and/or other martial arts. Since the mass murder incident several years back, I am not sure what or how the laws changed in that part of the world.
    I can think of one or two options: fire extinguishers, which could be useful in several scenarios, and for individuals the aforementioned walking stick. There is a certain strength in numbers if the group is committed to one another.
    Some places really suck, from my point of view. Defensive actions will be seen as offensive, e.g., the country where Great Britain use to be and France.

This looks interesting to me:

kravmagacamp.no

Buddy and I were in Norway in 2011. Mainly for motorbiking. We were on our way home to Germany when Breivik killed the children, we saw many ambulance vans. At the next petrol station, we were told what happened. Until then, we felt very safe there. Don't know about safety in Norway now. Sweden was also very safe in 2011. I was told, much has changed in Sweden since the European migration crisis (changed from good to bad).

Did not know that pepper spray is forbidden in Norway.

PS:
    When we were in Norway, we went into a store where they also sold guns. Handled an M&P9 there, saw it for the first time there. Shortly afterwards back in Germany, I got a licence for one and bought it. Liked it, swapped it with an HK SFP9 meanwhile. Would have kept it, if we had a more liberal gun law here.
    Last edited by P30; 08-29-2022 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    This looks interesting to me:

kravmagacamp.no

Buddy and I were in Norway in 2011. Mainly for motorbiking. We were on our way home to Germany when Breivik killed the children, we saw many ambulance vans. At the next petrol station, we were told what happened. Until then, we felt very safe there. Don't know about safety in Norway now. Sweden was also very safe in 2011. I was told, much has changed in Sweden since the European migration crisis (changed from good to bad).

Did not know that pepper spray is forbidden in Norway.

PS:
    When we were in Norway, we went into a store where they also sold guns. Handled an M&P9 there, saw it for the first time there. Shortly afterwards back in Germany, I got a licence for one and bought it. Liked it, swapped it with an HK SFP9 meanwhile. Would have kept it, if we had a more liberal gun law here.
    The choice of pictures does not inspire confidence.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I'd like to see how the surly uncles would get on in a Polish church.
    Name:  Winged-Hussars.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  101.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Name:  Winged-Hussars.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  101.3 KB
    I love the Winged Hussars.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List