Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Unarmed options in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    A buddy has been having lots of interesting interactions with Iranians at church in Norway. He is looking for a source of pepper spray, which is moderately illegal; I don't think he's going to find much.
    I'll go way out on a limb here and say if one needs pepper spray to safely attend church services, he just might want to think about doing his praying at home.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Maybe something...traditional?

I don't think one really needs something that heavy. A framing hammer should do nicely, as they seem to be fairly similar to medieval war hammers.

Name:  framing hammer.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  10.0 KB

Name:  Mediaval-Weapons_War-Hammer_North-Italy.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  8.7 KB
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I don't think one really needs something that heavy. A framing hammer should do nicely, as they seem to be fairly similar to medieval war hammers.

Name:  Mediaval-Weapons_War-Hammer_North-Italy.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  8.7 KB
    Like this?

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Like this?

Maybe. I think framing hammers have longer shafts, which helps the impact velocity.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    I'd love to go to Norway someday. If for no other reason than I'd like to watch this sort of shooting event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cnAwRJc7Sw

How about a narwhal tusk?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post

How about a narwhal tusk?

London Bridge attack: Darryn Frost on using a narwhal tusk to stop knifeman

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50870309

I believe fire extinguishers have some potential for suppression if things went rodeo. They are also very useful for putting out vehicle fires, I keep one or two in my vehicles. I gave one to someone trying to put out a differential fire and know a guy that used one to put someone elses engine fire out. Extinguishers are thoughtfully provided at many public facilities. If I feared for my safety due to fire or other possible issues one could help suppress, then hanging around near one may be good planning.
    Last edited by Malamute; 05-24-2023 at 09:11 PM.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post

I believe fire extinguishers have some potential for suppression if things went rodeo. They are also very useful for putting out vehicle fires, I keep one or two in my vehicles. I gave one to someone trying to put out a differential fire and know a guy that used one to put someone elses engine fire out.
    In my experience a 20 lb CO2 extinguisher is very effective in stopping fights without any mess to clean up. I doubt it would stop a determined attacker but you still have a sizable hunk of metal with a handle post discharge.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

I know you’re joking, but just in case someone else takes this seriously- if you are walking around in Norway with any sort of hammer on your person and you aren’t going to or from a work site, you will find yourself in a very difficult position. Pretty much like just about anywhere else in Europe.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post

I believe fire extinguishers have some potential for suppression if things went rodeo. They are also very useful for putting out vehicle fires, I keep one or two in my vehicles. I gave one to someone trying to put out a differential fire and know a guy that used one to put someone elses engine fire out. Extinguishers are thoughtfully provided at many public facilities. If I feared for my safety due to fire or other possible issues one could help suppress, then hanging around near one may be good planning.
    Another benefit to the "versatility" of fire extinguishers is that there are many reasons to have one in hand, absent any actual fire. Maybe someone handed it to you because they thought it was in the way, or was knocked off it's mount. Maybe you suspected it needed recharged or was defective in some way.
    There are any number of reasons that one might have an extinguisher in hand when entering a small, let's say office sized, room where there might be an agitated employee your or a coworker are dealing with.
    Definitely not talking from personal experience...

User Tag List