Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Ruger LC Carbine

Semper Paratus,

Steve

Site Supporter
    I guess they are banking on no new AWBs and sales not in some big states?

Otherwise, looks like fun.

Site Supporter
    While the P90 is a neat design, 5.7 is like the official cartridge of Dunning Krueger…

Oops. 5 hours late. And here I was thinking I was about to drop a news scoop.

I am a fan of neither the Ruger pistol carbine nor the R-57 pistol. I don't see how I'd be a fan of this creation.

If anything this may have been a nifty 10/22 variant. Something not unlike the PCC but lighter and handier. Heck it might even be kind of neat in a little bolt gun.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    5.7 is like the official cartridge of Dunning Krueger…
    This.

Now, if that little guy was chambered in 9mm with a Glock mag option, and ran reliably, we'd be getting somewhere.

If this was big "handgun" with a 5-7" barrel that you could put a brace on (or SBR) then I think it would make more sense. Basically a Keltec PMR-30 in 5.7 with better build quality. But I don't see the attraction of a 16" 5.7 rifle. Why would anyone go with that instead of a 5.56mm AR15? The AR's going to be just as handy, and shoot a ballistically-superior yet cheaper round.

If 5.7 were ridiculously cheap this would be a fun plinker. Since it is not, I don't see a purpose for this rifle. I will stick with my .22 Mag for small varmints and be happy.

It would be great if they made a version of LC Charger in 9mm, not just 5.7.

At one point I converted a PC Charger to the traditional pistol layout, and the result was underwhelming on the account of how tall the fire control was. I even changed the safety from the factory cross-bolt to Uzi style thumb slider safety, and won a couple of mm, but nonetheless the result was not great. The magazine in the photo is a Glock 17 magazine, and even so the grip was uncomfortably short. The LC platform is already made with this in mind.

Name:  x41_ruger_borchardt.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  48.9 KB

I'll admit that the LCC does kind of trip my stoopid wantsies switch.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter Notorious E.O.C.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    While the P90 is a neat design, 5.7 is like the official cartridge of Dunning Krueger…
    And its recent resurgence is mind-boggling. Did some Kel-Tec employee stumble upon a rich SS190 vein while prospecting for purple polymer in the Sierra Madre?
    The way we do science in XCOM is basically by shooting things first.
    - Jake Solomon

User Tag List