Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tombs showing up as the Euphrates water level sinks

Site Supporter
    Not to spark a debate on climate change but I think it would be naive to think either that natural variations did not occur or that man has not impacted the environment and climate.

That said, I think these discoveries are super cool but I've seem too many mummy movies to be the first through one of those doorways!

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    If the water level is falling in a dammed reservoir, then presumably these features were exposed before the dam was built. Which might have been some time in the last century, well after a few centuries of European "explorers" and a few millenia of whoever was there had plenty of time to go through them and remove anything valuable or interesting.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    If the water level is falling in a dammed reservoir, then presumably these features were exposed before the dam was built. Which might have been some time in the last century, well after a few centuries of European "explorers" and a few millenia of whoever was there had plenty of time to go through them and remove anything valuable or interesting.
    What if they built the dam to make sure what was inside stayed inside?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    There's several dams and reservoirs. I don't recall the details any more, but not terribly long ago Turkey pissed everybody off by not allowing enough water to go downstream.

Somewhat related, ancient city exposed when reservoir was lowered to help feed agriculture in Iraq:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...ity-180980188/

In an area that's been inhabited for so long, I suppose it's difficult to expand any body of water without flooding some ruins of people who had once settled near that water.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    What if they built the dam to make sure what was inside stayed inside?
    Or to keep people like you from going in there.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    In the buffet line it seems
    I think the dude kind of deserves a bit of a pass on his weight gains. Apparently his post mummy movies the divorce that he went through was apparently really terrified. That would definitely make anyone binge eat from stress.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Or to keep people like you from going in there.
    It belongs in a museum.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    It belongs in a museum.
    We Do Not Follow Maps To Buried Treasure, And X Never, Ever Marks The Spot...
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Top men will look into it, top men.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I think the dude kind of deserves a bit of a pass on his weight gains. Apparently his post mummy movies the divorce that he went through was apparently really terrified. That would definitely make anyone binge eat from stress.
    I've heard he has had a rough time.

People deal with stress in different ways, but eating your feelings is a choice as is drinking them, etc.

I like Fraser and hope he gets his career back on track but don't have a lot of sympathy for treating depression and rought times by abusing oneself. Different philosophies maybe and perhaps I'm just an A-hole.

User Tag List