Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I missing something here on car payments?

Site Supporter
    My BiL recently bought a USED Range Rover for his wife. Her dream car....
    They would have bought a new one, but the dealer had none. Zero.
    They test drove a 2019 (?) and when they got back to the lot there were 2 other couples waiting to test drive it.... So they paid full ask for it.

I didn't ask how much. But... ouch.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    We got a minivan with baby number three. It is AWESOME. Totally the right move.

Vehicle prices right now make me legitimately angry. I need a truck at this point - a Tacoma would fit in my garage where an F150 won’t. New tacomas I’m looking at over $40K, and going back to 5 years they hardly lose value for whatever reason. I’d get a second gen but I’m unlucky enough that I won’t roll the dice on a frame issue.

So, that basically leaves me looking at used F-150s and again the prices make me angry right now. $25K for a 8 year old truck with 80,000 miles? Crazy.

But if the alternative is a car note that’s bigger than my mortgage, count me out.
    The price was on Tacomas is nuts right now. I’ve had friends sell their 19-21 Tacomas and get completely out from under their loans and then some. Crazy.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    1) He’s a kitten and full of energy. Playing with your cat will burn off some of that energy. He’ll show down as he matures.
    2) Get some scratching posts and put double back sticky tape on the door frames. He should soon quit scratching the door frames and you be able to remove the tape.
    3) Don’t free feed your cat. Have set mealtimes.
    4) Get a couple of cat condos.
    5) Cats only meow to humans. I think your cat’s yowling is a type of meow and he wants your attention.
    6) Hands are not toys
    7) Play with your cat
    8) Play with your cat
    9) Play with your cat
    Yeah, he has set mealtimes. We have cat condos and scratching posts (to be clear, he doesn't scratch hard at the door, not like he does at the scratching post).

He definitely wants our attention, and gets a lot of it. However, like with food (he eats like a beagle), he is a glutton for attention.

My initial comment about paying for a cat you hate was a joke. We don't hate him, he's just a handful and is pretty demanding and occasionally annoying. He's got a lot of personality, is very affectionate, but makes himself very difficult to ignore even when other things need to get done.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Yeah, he has set mealtimes. We have cat condos and scratching posts (to be clear, he doesn't scratch hard at the door, not like he does at the scratching post).

He definitely wants our attention, and gets a lot of it. However, like with food (he eats like a beagle), he is a glutton for attention.

My initial comment about paying for a cat you hate was a joke. We don't hate him, he's just a handful and is pretty demanding and occasionally annoying. He's got a lot of personality, is very affectionate, but makes himself very difficult to ignore even when other things need to get done.
    Sounds like he’s a good cat and is lucky to have you 😊

Yeah, that was pretty funny.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    We got a minivan with baby number three. It is AWESOME. Totally the right move.

Vehicle prices right now make me legitimately angry. I need a truck at this point - a Tacoma would fit in my garage where an F150 won’t. New tacomas I’m looking at over $40K, and going back to 5 years they hardly lose value for whatever reason. I’d get a second gen but I’m unlucky enough that I won’t roll the dice on a frame issue.

So, that basically leaves me looking at used F-150s and again the prices make me angry right now. $25K for a 8 year old truck with 80,000 miles? Crazy.

But if the alternative is a car note that’s bigger than my mortgage, count me out.
    Speaking to the choir I know, but I’m jonesing hard for a new Subaru. Probably a Forrester. Used pricing is simply ridiculous and I just can’t justify not buying new because of that.

I’d take a Jeep, Subaru or even a Taco but Subaru is the only somewhat sane choice from a price perspective. I’ll be paying cash or a quite serious down payment with debt snowballing monthly payments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of this just makes me think I'm better off putting money into my 2011 Escape, which still runs like a top at 150k miles....I seem to remember there was a thread about that, or buying older used and putting some additional money in to get them back to showroom state. The things these folks are doing to themselves....

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Subarus are popular here! Pretty good in the snow!

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Those payments are insane. I cannot fathom trying to keep up with that. Says the man with a 15 year old Toyota Tundra with 200k. I don't envision another car for another 100k.
    My Tundra wasn't cheap. But buy once, cry once - I plan on taking this one past 200k. My last Silverado had 220,000 miles. And still ran good - just didn't look professional enough at that point for the caliber of homes I was trying to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Speaking to the choir I know, but I’m jonesing hard for a new Subaru. Probably a Forrester. Used pricing is simply ridiculous and I just can’t justify not buying new because of that.

I’d take a Jeep, Subaru or even a Taco but Subaru is the only somewhat sane choice from a price perspective. I’ll be paying cash or a quite serious down payment with debt snowballing monthly payments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Part of my issue is I want a stick shift, which puts me in TRD territory. That’s a want, not a need but I’ve heard enough bad about the 6 speed auto that I won’t buy one. Between my trade in and cash on my end I’m willing to put down $30K, but that still leaves me with a note over $300 per month on a 4 year loan. I don’t like financing vehicles and now I’m about to put $30 grand down and still owe money on a mid size truck? I just can’t believe that.

I mean, yeah, that's pretty ridiculous.

But quite a few people here have had higher annual ammo bills.

I guess to each their own.

User Tag List