Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I missing something here on car payments?

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Same price around here for the same type of area. My sister's neighborhood is solid middle class, mixed blue/white collar. Mostly younger families. Lots of little kids running around. Great area, clean, quite, no crime. Her neighbors sold their 1500sqft house almost 2 years ago and now it's being rented out for $2500/month!! [emoji15][emoji33]

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

That’s crazy, I don’t know how others do it. Our neighborhood is almost exclusively retired folks, place is so quiet but I feel the pressure when it comes to keeping my lawn in top shape lol they set the bar high on that.

(Please excuse the typos in my last post.)
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Sidebar: a recent quick survey of some of my young service worker peeps (the baristas at my favorite coffeeshops, brewtenders, etc) revealed that the going rate for renting a single bedroom in a shared house is about $650 here.

I don’t know how any of my students or favorite baristas are ever going to buy a house.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Sidebar: a recent quick survey of some of my young service worker peeps (the baristas at my favorite coffeeshops, brewtenders, etc) revealed that the going rate for renting a single bedroom in a shared house is about $650 here.

I don’t know how any of my students or favorite baristas are ever going to buy a house.
    Get elected to Congress?

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    My parents were children of the Depression. Never had a problem living within our limits.
    So were mine. They were frugal almost to an extreme.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercworx View Post
    That’s crazy, I don’t know how others do it. Our neighborhood is almost exclusively retired folks, place is so quiet but I feel the pressure when it comes to keeping my lawn in top shape lol they set the bar high on that.

(Please excuse the typos in my last post.)
    Yeah it's nuts. They pay double what she pays in mortgage. I can't und how they can pay $2500 but can't buy. Unless they just blow through most of their money every month?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post

I think more people who aren't directly affected are really starting to see the issue with growing wage gaps and wealth centralization. It's difficult to maintain a modern democracy without a robust middle class with a feeling of ownership of the society and some level of trust in the prospect of social/economic mobility. If wide swathes of the public are effectively economic serfs while retaining voting rights, what does that look?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I think more people who aren't directly affected are really starting to see the issue with growing wage gaps and wealth centralization. It's difficult to maintain a modern democracy without a robust middle class with a feeling of ownership of the society and some level of trust in the prospect of social/economic mobility. If wide swathes of the public are effectively economic serfs while retaining voting rights, what does that look?
    Inordinately higher cost of higher education has become a limiting factor. Another might be cost of owning a home or "piece" of land. The working guy and lower paid professionals are seeing this dream escape them. Police officers, firemen, and teachers who can't afford to live where they work are examples. The fact that our society has become fragmented along lines of disparate political goals is not contributing to progress. We fear each other's solutions.

Site Supporter
    I've heard from a number of younger Soldiers and Airmen (18-23yo) that they party hard, buy frivolous crap, and buy stupid expensive vehicles because they're *expecting* things to get worse in the next few years - and they'd rather have fun now 'while they still can'.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I've heard from a number of younger Soldiers and Airmen (18-23yo) that they party hard, buy frivolous crap, and buy stupid expensive vehicles because they're *expecting* things to get worse in the next few years - and they'd rather have fun now 'while they still can'.
    Well that's refreshing, I guess. When I was a young sailor we did that stuff just because we were young sailors.... 😉
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I think that young service members have long been victimized by easy credit extended by sharks.

User Tag List