Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Clip Ear Pro to Belt During Training Classes When Cold?

How Do You Clip Ear Pro to Belt During Training Classes When Cold?

I've struggled with how to store my ear pro while the line is cold taking training classes. I saw someone a long time ago wrap their ear pro around their thigh, and that looked cool af, so I tried that for a few years but it would always slide down my leg while walking.

I do have electronic ear pro, but for ventilation purposes I like to take it off during breaks. I found some polymer clip purpose-built for this application on Amazon but it's too small for my ear pro since I use a head wrap pad on it.

Site Supporter
    I'll generally leave them on until they get aggravating (which honestly, I've done multiple days without taking them off). Generally the pressure on my temples from safety glass is the suck for me, which happens without ear pro as well.

If I do take them off, I'll generally just hold them in my hand like a neadrathal, or flip the muffs on the side of my head so I don't forget where I put them down.

Hook the headband around your spare magazines.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Buy this:
    Petzl Caritool Accessory for Climbing https://a.co/d/7I01ZEM

It works well for me on the leader of my belt; the little tooth at the back makes it stick straight out. It works well with concealment. It folds over if you go prone.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Doesn’t work with concealment.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Doesn’t work if concealed.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Doesn’t work if concealed.
    I guess I never considered concealment and AIWB.

I was thinking OWB holster and mag carrier for training classes. Concealment consists of one of my glaringly ugly Hawaiian shirts.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    I've struggled with how to store my ear pro while the line is cold taking training classes. I saw someone a long time ago wrap their ear pro around their thigh, and that looked cool af, so I tried that for a few years but it would always slide down my leg while walking.

I do have electronic ear pro, but for ventilation purposes I like to take it off during breaks. I found some polymer clip purpose-built for this application on Amazon but it's too small for my ear pro since I use a head wrap pad on it.
    You put them in your range cart along with your jacket, snacks, small yeti cooler, extra ammo, range supplies, and all the other crap we now drag around since the range cart became standard shooting equipment!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    I saw someone a long time ago wrap their ear pro around their thigh, and that looked cool af, so I tried that for a few years but it would always slide down my leg while walking.
    Are you me? I've tried that a few times over the years because it made a lasting impression of cool on me, but have never been able to pull it off.

I have one of the Safariland clips and I hang my muffs by the wire ... maybe that would work for the padded headband you mention?

That being said, I usually try to get away with putting the clip on my pocket rather than my belt, then the clip often pulls out when I grab the muffs. Not sure why I keep doing that.

Comfortable ear pro. I put them on and forget them. Sordins with gel earcups!

We had some new folks in our training group last month. When everyone was walking out to the firing line for "free dry practice" I showed them how I was donning my ear pro. I said, "I've been in enough classes & clinics that I have seen seen/heard a round or two go bang on a dry drill!"

User Tag List