Thread: Rethinking first suppressor - Wolfman?

Rethinking first suppressor - Wolfman?

I was considering a Sandman of some type for .300 and 5.56, but I realized I’m actually more likely to use a 9mm can on my MPXes and Scorpion. Coming across a 8” handguard for my MPX-K got me thinking about going this route.

This has led me to think I’d do well with a KeyMicro version of the Wolfman - it would work on the PCCs above, plus also my Rattler and 9” .300 MCX upper.

Any downside to a Wolfman for a first suppressor?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

When I was suppressor shopping, I talked with the Dead Air rep on the phone. He was extremely helpful, advising me of just what I needed I bought the recommended adapters (Key Micro and 3-lug), and have been happy switching it between an APC9 Pro and the Rattler in .300BO. While Dead Air lists is as a "pistol suppressor", they also list it as suitable for 5.56. Haven't tried that combo, so can't comment on how it works with 5.56. There are so many options available on the market, it's hard to narrow down the choices. I don't think Dead Air would steer you wrong if you ask them to confirm your thinking..

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    When I was suppressor shopping, I talked with the Dead Air rep on the phone. He was extremely helpful, advising me of just what I needed I bought the recommended adapters (Key Micro and 3-lug), and have been happy switching it between an APC9 Pro and the Rattler in .300BO. While Dead Air lists is as a "pistol suppressor", they also list it as suitable for 5.56. Haven't tried that combo, so can't comment on how it works with 5.56. There are so many options available on the market, it's hard to narrow down the choices. I don't think Dead Air would steer you wrong if you ask them to confirm your thinking..
    A Wolfman, right?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    A Wolfman, right?
    Correct!

I've shot a Wolfman on a ghm9, rattler in 300blk, 10.5 5.56 and an AK and it did well with all of them. The Wolfman sounds really good with 300blk and 9mm subs. That said, I'm not the biggest fan of keymo/keymicro. According to dead air, you must use keymicro when shooting supersonic rifle rounds. I view the Wolfman as a smg suppressor that can do rifle things.

If you're open to silencerco, take a look at the omega 36m. It is rated up to 338 lapua and the back end is threaded for "hub" spec. Meaning you can attach all different company's mounting methods. You can make the suppressor shorter just like the Wolfman. While I have no firsthand experience with the 36m, on paper it seems feature packed. I view it as a rifle/smg suppressor that can do pistol things too.

Hope any of that was helpful, get yourself a 22 can while you're at it

User Tag List