Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B&T BWC (based on the Magpul FMG-9 folding box gun)

B&T BWC (based on the Magpul FMG-9 folding box gun)

Apologies because I’m pretty sure we already have a thread but I wasn’t able to find it. B&T, who is quickly becoming my favorite gun company, might be releasing the little folding box gun that Magpul debuted like a decade ago. It’ll use a Sig P320 slide, barrel, and FCG provided by the purchaser so the actual box/chassis thing will be sold as a non-serialized accessory. In typical B&T awesomeness, BWC stands for “Because We Can.” In this video Karl Brugger said they had only made 10 of them so far and weren’t sure if it was going to be released to the public, but when James asked for a price, Brugger already had an MSRP ready ($1200-$1400 and it sounds like that would include an Aimpoint ACRO). If that proves to be the case, I’ll do my best to buy one.

ETA: The purchaser will have to SBR their P320 FCG prior to installing the P320 FCG into the BWC chassis.

I love that B&T is periodically selling guns that they only make because Karl Brugger thinks they’re cool and he just happens to love submachine guns. See the P26 (updated Tec9) and the KH9 (updated Sites Spectre).

@HCM @Gadfly this might be the thing that gets me to purchase one of the agency POW P320s, if only to SBR the FCG so I can have one of these.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 08-28-2022 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Clarified what would need to be Form 1’d to use the BWC

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    The purchaser will have to SBR it prior to installing the P320 FCG.
    To be more accurate, the purchaser will have to SBR a P320 FCG prior to installing that FCG in the BWC. The BWC is not a firearm, and therefore can't be SBRed.

Regarding the BWC itself, I wonder how much erosion you'd get on the inside of the upper, since the muzzle is inside the upper.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    To be more accurate, the purchaser will have to SBR a P320 FCG prior to installing that FCG in the BWC. The BWC is not a firearm, and therefore can't be SBRed.

Regarding the BWC itself, I wonder how much erosion you'd get on the inside of the upper, since the muzzle is inside the upper.
    Sorry I should have been more clear. Yes, you’d be filing your Form 1 to SBR the P320 FCG. I’ve edited the OP to clarify.

Good question. The video says the BWC was made out of metal so I’m wondering if that’s steel or aluminum. I’m guessing you’d see similar erosion to what people see from compensators like the KKM if it’s aluminum, or those comped Sig slides if it’s steel.

Maybe replaceable erosion plates?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Apologies because I’m pretty sure we already have a thread but I wasn’t able to find it. B&T, who is quickly becoming my favorite gun company, might be releasing the little folding box gun that Magpul debuted like a decade ago. It’ll use a Sig P320 slide, barrel, and FCG provided by the purchaser so the actual box/chassis thing will be sold as a non-serialized accessory. In typical B&T awesomeness, BWC stands for “Because We Can.” In this video Karl Brugger said they had only made 10 of them so far and weren’t sure if it was going to be released to the public, but when James asked for a price, Brugger already had an MSRP ready ($1200-$1400 and it sounds like that would include an Aimpoint ACRO). If that proves to be the case, I’ll do my best to buy one.

ETA: The purchaser will have to SBR their P320 FCG prior to installing the P320 FCG into the BWC chassis.

I love that B&T is periodically selling guns that they only make because Karl Brugger thinks they’re cool and he just happens to love submachine guns. See the P26 (updated Tec9) and the KH9 (updated Sites Spectre).

@HCM @Gadfly this might be the thing that gets me to purchase one of the agency POW P320s, if only to SBR the FCG so I can have one of these.
    If you buy one you need to have it ceracokted like a Hello Kitty lunch box.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    If you buy one you need to have it ceracokted like a Hello Kitty lunch box.
    Absolutely not. This is a serious defensive article, not a children’s toy.

*starts googling the cost of Hello Kitty cerakote and adding it to the budget*
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Absolutely not. This is a serious defensive article, not a children’s toy.

*starts googling the cost of Hello Kitty cerakote and adding it to the budget*
    “Low Vis Ops”

Milwaukee, Ryobi, Dewalt or Bosch toolbox colors.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    G.I. Joe lunch box.

I hate to say it, but I’d probably blow $2K including the stamp to do one of these…
    Ken

User Tag List