Thread: Battery Station CR123A

Battery Station CR123A

Name:  CR123A_v.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  6.7 KB
    Anyone have experience with these CR123A batteries?

Are they compatible with Surefire?

They don't list a shelf life?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

I have used this brand many times in the past without issue. They are the battery of choice of Malkoff Devices (Gene Malkoff) who provides them in their flashlights and sells them on their website too. I would recommend their use. I believe they will last many years in storage. Some say approximately 10 years in a cool dry place. I must confess besides guns, flashlights are another hobby (read: obsession). There has been many a discussion regarding batteries such as these on another flashlight specific forum that I have been a member of for the last 18 years. General consensus is that a reputable American, Japanese, Korean or Singaporean brand is one's best bet. Those "in the know" tend to shy away from Chinese born batteries when speaking about lithium ion based batteries. Examples such as Battery Station, Panasonic, Duracell, Titanium Innovations (Battery Junction), Surefire are some of the oft used choices. Of those, whoever is priced sensibly gets my business.
    Best,

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Name:  CR123A_v.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  6.7 KB
    Anyone have experience with these CR123A batteries?

Are they compatible with Surefire?

They don't list a shelf life?
    GTG

I think all or most of the quality ones are made in the same factory just different labels

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    GTG

I think all or most of the quality ones are made in the same factory just different labels
    Thought it was Panasonic. I go the 100pc from battery junction. Been happy with them.

The batteries are good to go but if you want the best, especially if buying in bulk I would go with Panasonic. Panasonic's main business was making batteries then they spun off to make their own screw-guns. (Which are also top shelf by the way) I hope this helps.

I've used Battery Station 123As for years. They used to have a discount code for candlepower forum members. Don't know if it's still active. To recall, they are Panasonics relabeled for Battery Station. I've still got a stash of them, but my 123A consumption has slowed down drastically thanks to rechargeables.

User Tag List