Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best way to ccw with new baby - move from AIWB to behind the hip?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post

I get the arguments for it, but I don't carry at home

Fully concur.

Baby stage doesn’t last long. Put your pistol on a high shelf in the Kydex, play with your kid and have fun/worry less

Thinking about it, i think carrying at home would burn me out on carrying out and about pretty fast. We all need a break. I have door alarms and guns in quick access safes on every floor. I can carry for 14 hours on a Saturday out of the house but the moment I go in the door at home, I'm conditioned to all of a sudden feel every ounce and bump of the pistol haha.

With my tongue in cheek and in the vein of this thread discussion, I'm happy with my tolerance of carrying out of the house and don't want to risk that carrying at home haha. I usually do carry even doing yard work or something, but if I'm inside my house behind locked doors, you gotta live a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post

I get the arguments for it, but I don't carry at home

Fully concur.

Baby stage doesn’t last long. Put your pistol on a high shelf in the Kydex, play with your kid and have fun/worry less
    For some it's not an inconvenience

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Thinking about it, i think carrying at home would burn me out on carrying out and about pretty fast. We all need a break. I have door alarms and guns in quick access safes on every floor. I can carry for 14 hours on a Saturday out of the house but the moment I go in the door at home, I'm conditioned to all of a sudden feel every ounce and bump of the pistol haha.

With my tongue in cheek and in the vein of this thread discussion, I'm happy with my tolerance of carrying out of the house and don't want to risk that carrying at home haha. I usually do carry even doing yard work or something, but if I'm inside my house behind locked doors, you gotta live a little.

In the house is the only place I pocket carry.

I've got a car that Stevie Wonder can tell is a police car in the drive and a large sunroom with a lot of open windows a person can fit in. I'm not closing my windows when the weather is nice for the sake of fortification, plus I'm armed when I see who's the door for the rare occasion it's a business call. I do have a speak-easy door, though, the old fashioned version of a Ring...
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

My then grabby little toddler is part of what moved me to AIWB. The much greater control over the weapon is a comfort.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Four kids, appendix 100% of the time. Fast draw, easy control over the gun in the holster, and can quickly look down and see if little hands are where they shouldn't be. Biggest issue is when kids give me a hug and knock their head off it if they forget. If you need your gun, you kid also needs you to use that gun. They will forgive the ringing ears.

When they are older don't lie to them about, I think telling your kids why you carry a gun is important. My kids know why and not to tell other people.
    Cool. What is your gun and holster setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Cool. What is your gun and holster setup?
    Sig p365xl in a jm 2.0 wing claw or whatever they call it

Name:  20220829_155634.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  46.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I did not change my carry position when we had kids. IWB at 3:30 (belt buckle is 12:00) or front pocket carry worked without issues.

I like the 3:30 position because it does not print as much when bending at the waist, compared to further back. I prefer that the holster sit as low as possible without compromising my firing grip. 10 degree cant works well for me, but I have used 0 to 15 degrees with good results, depending on the gun. Zero degrees was with a Glock 26.

Strapping kids in car seats, as well as taking them out, created much of the need for bending at the waist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What holster were you using for g26 at 330?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Sig p365xl in a jm 2.0 wing claw or whatever they call it

Name:  20220829_155634.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  46.3 KB
    Damn. That is lightening fast response! Thanks bro. I'm contemplating a slimmer/lighter gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Damn. That is lightening fast response! Thanks bro. I'm contemplating a slimmer/lighter gun.
    I was just rereading this thread! Hah

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    My daughter will be 9 months old in a few days! I was an appendix WML carrier before her, Beretta 92, Glock, M&P all with dots over the last 5 years. Since she was born, a PX4 Compact Carry with no light and irons and a DA pull in a JM AIWB has been great. Way more comfortable for bending and playing on the floor with my very active girl. She's crawling and sitting now so I spend less time like sitting holding her in church etc than I did initially.

I get the arguments for it, but I don't carry at home.

For the next one, with all that time sitting and holding the baby out and about in the early days, I'll honestly probably go with Rhett's Enigma deep carry method. Kinda takes maneuvering the baby around the gun off the table.

Congrats!! It's amazing.

https://youtu.be/lqREMKaPBF0
    That's a pretty slick setup. Enigma wasn't really on my radar. If he can squat like that, it looks like an interesting option thanks.

User Tag List