I currently own some USGI screw apart cleaning rods, an Otis flexible "Rod" and one Dewey 12" Uncoated Brass rod that I got to help clean an AR chamber I think. I forget why I bought it.

I would like to up my cleaning rod game. I'd like to be able to clean friends/family guns in addition to what I own.

What I'd like to know is, what is the fewest number of cleaning rods that can do everything? And what would those be? I dont want to own dozens. Maybe like 3 to 6 max. I'm biased towards Dewey rods. Made in the US. Handles remind me of the old style US-made Craftsman screwdrivers.

I want a small handful of rods that will let me clean almost anything common. From .22lr to centerfire rifles to 12gauge. I don't understand coated versus uncoated applications. I'd like to drop some coin now and never ever think about cleaning tools ever again! I'll just have everything I need for life, unless man portable plasma or rail guns come out.

I also want my current 12" brass Dewey rod to be included as part of this mix, so I don't feel like I wasted money on it.