Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X Extraction

Site Supporter

Glock 43X Extraction

Today a young cop invited me to go with him to shoot his new 43X. He had great difficulty extracting a live round from the chamber. The man is strong. Sometimes he could retract the slide to eject the live round, and sometimes he could not. Also, the pistol malfunctioned six times out of twenty rounds fired. Then he ceased shooting and called Glock.They are sending a new extractor and related parts. I forget the name of the assembly.

Reading about the 43x showed that others have complained about difficulty in retracting the slide to eject a live round. Have PF members had this issue with the 43X?

The newer models that incorporate the notch in the breech face opposite the extractor to aid in reliable ejection need to be racked vigorously. I had the slide seemingly lock up for a bit with dummy rounds working on one handed malfunction clearances on my primary G19 gen5 a little while ago. It happened twice and for some reason removing the magazine allowed the slide to open again.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Glock must know what they're doing, but to me it seems that they have built in a big nuisance by requiring such extreme effort to extract a loaded round.

I've never experienced this with my two samples each of 43X and 48, nor did I hear of it with scores of them in service as off duty guns on our department. If anything, the 43X is slightly under-sprung. Possibly an ammo problem?

Site Supporter
    Problem occurred with various brands.

My silver slide 43X didn't exhibit this but my all black 43X and G45 do. Yeah you need to rack them like they owe you money.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    The newer models that incorporate the notch in the breech face opposite the extractor to aid in reliable ejection need to be racked vigorously.
    Mirrors my experience with the 43X, and a G19.5 and G26.5 that also feature the breechface cut. I'd say the 43X is more prone to it only because there is less slide to grab and the Gen 5 finish is slippery compared to what Glock used on other gens.

Quote Originally Posted by CarloMNL View Post
    Mirrors my experience with the 43X, and a G19.5 and G26.5 that also feature the breechface cut. I'd say the 43X is more prone to it only because there is less slide to grab and the Gen 5 finish is slippery compared to what Glock used on other gens.
    You’re not wrong about the finish. I like how DLC looks but it sure is slick. I’ve regularly had my hand slip if trying to rack the slide from in front of the ejection port on Gen5s without front serrations. That never happened to me with Gen4 and Gen3 guns where the finish didn’t feel as smooth. I really liked the PVD finish on the early G43X/48. It had much more traction. I don’t know how it compares to DLC when it comes to corrosion resistance and durability though. The one early G48 we have at home sees practically no use.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Wife's and SIL black 43x run like a typewriter..............nothin'.

Is it possible the bullet ogive is engaging the rifling? Chamber not cut properly / deep enough?

If no marks are visible on the bullet, you could apply black marker and see if the lands are making contact.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List