Thread: House of the Dragon

House of the Dragon

Name:  FB_IMG_1661441007522.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  21.4 KB

Just a quick attaboy to one of my peeps.

My friend, Swedish Swordsmith Peter Johnsson, made several of the weapons featured in the new HBO series. This includes the one shown here. I've known Peter for a quarter of a century and I don't know where the time went. He's a master of the craft, who made both of the weapons in my avatar. It's great to see friends succeed in their passions.

I didn't know Peter had been involved. When I watched the first episode I thought, "That looks like Peter's work." Well, there you go. Most of the swords in Game of Thrones looked like something that belongs on the wall at Third Planet. I noted a big improvement when I saw the first trailer for this show, now I know why.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 08-25-2022 at 02:19 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I hope this show goes somewhere but after the first episode it was very meh. The silly ass commentary by the showrunner about the Patriarchy and the (not very)subtle condemnation of men impregnating women because of the dangers of birthing was simpleminded in the extreme.
    I fear they are going to retcon modern sensibilities onto Medieval fantasy characters.
    We'll see.

Very cool! I didn't watch Game of Thrones and have no interest in Dragons but that's beside the point.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    I hope this show goes somewhere but after the first episode it was very meh. The silly ass commentary by the showrunner about the Patriarchy and the (not very)subtle condemnation of men impregnating women because of the dangers of birthing was simpleminded in the extreme.
    I fear they are going to retcon modern sensibilities onto Medieval fantasy characters.
    We'll see.
    I'm simply sharing a friend's well deserved good fortune. I really don't care about anyone's opinion on the show. The showrunners commentary made him sound like an ass clown.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I won’t subscribe to HBO so it will probably be a wait for me. My long time nerd friend who I usually agree with had a lot of praise for the first episode.

The sword however is awesome! I find myself trying to convince myself daily of the need for a $1000+ type 3 Falchion…..

Site Supporter
    HBO is part of our internet, cable package. I watched it. It was mildly entertaining/mildly boring. Dr. Who was riding a horse, I think.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I won’t subscribe to HBO so it will probably be a wait for me. My long time nerd friend who I usually agree with had a lot of praise for the first episode.

The sword however is awesome! I find myself trying to convince myself daily of the need for a $1000+ type 3 Falchion…..
    I keep pretending that a well made falchion or langemesser would make a practical tool for camping, and I somehow willfully ignore what kind of impression I would make with an 18" sword hanging off my hip.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    I keep pretending that a well made falchion or langemesser would make a practical tool for camping, and I somehow willfully ignore what kind of impression I would make with an 18" sword hanging off my hip.
    Yeah - I think an AR would raise less suspicion. I guess you could always tell them it’s a machete?

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Yeah - I think an AR would raise less suspicion. I guess you could always tell them it’s a machete?
    From past experience I can confirm this.

User Tag List