Thread: Desert Tech TREK-22

Desert Tech TREK-22

Been in the market for .22 LR rifle for a while now and randomly saw an ad for these just now... very impressive.

https://deserttech.com/trek-22.php

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 7.25.06 PM.jpg
Views: 1021
Size:  43.3 KB

I like it and been monitoring for release. Didn’t recall tomorrow is the official date.

There have been several other options for shortening up the 10/22. This is the most attractive I have seen.
    I figure my concern with a trigger pull is pretty widely held. Not sure I want to be an early adopter.

Have mine in hand. Just haven’t dropped a barrel off for threading yet.

As a 10/22 addict this is intriguing. I’ve got a Taccom lightweight barrel that hasn’t found a project yet soooo…

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Have mine in hand. Just haven’t dropped a barrel off for threading yet.
    Any updates?

I'm having a hard time shaking the wantsies for one but I've read about enough issues to be skittish (mainly missing hardware and excess plastic flash needing to be removed before assembly). I've also read there's enough flex that the barrel can be moved around in the chassis with minimal pressure. Probably not an issue for me since I'm not shooting off barricades nor am I expecting it to hang with dedicated match rifles at 50 yards like some posters elsewhere do.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I want one for Planet of the Apes cosplay.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

My big issue with that stock is the same issue I had with the High-Tower Armory P90 style stock that they made for the 10/22: There's 11 screws that you need to remove to field strip and clean the gun. That fact plus the slightly worse trigger because of the bullpup trigger linkage makes this really unappealing.

@awp_101

Finally got some range time in with mine.

Only bug is inconsistent reset of the bullpup trigger linkage, in that it needed the occasional push forward to fully reset between shots.

Grip angle feels weird but is a reasonable trade off for the super short length of this rig.

Tiny TacSol Aeris can sounded great with CCI SV.

Pic next to an already short 16” barreled Tikka T1x
    Name:  8C557B20-ADB7-41F4-BD1E-349F21251047.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  102.6 KB

Thanks @jandbj!

I haven't heard of a conversion yet that didn’t need (or potentially need) some trigger linkage adjustment.

The screw count doesn’t bother me. I work on (and with) cordless tools that can be programmed in in/lb. I can probably build one out of parts from scrapped units to have on the bench.😁

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Thanks @jandbj!

I haven't heard of a conversion yet that didn’t need (or potentially need) some trigger linkage adjustment.

The screw count doesn’t bother me. I work on (and with) cordless tools that can be programmed in in/lb. I can probably build one out of parts from scrapped units to have on the bench.😁
    I think the mousetrap spring in the linkage needs to be stronger…. I’ll pull it apart again and hit up their tech guy.

User Tag List