Thread: Shoutout to Smith and Wesson Customer service

Shoutout to Smith and Wesson Customer service

Name:  DAC25176-5406-4CD8-99B7-BF6E051656D7.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  29.6 KBHi Folks,
    I have read a few threads of bad QC, bad customer service from Smith and Wesson and I know that it’s human nature to talk about the bad experiences, but I thought I’d throw out an atta boy to SW. I purchased a used 4 inch 686 from Gunbroker for (to me) a decent price ($699) earlier this year, that worked great, but upon inspection after taking the grips off, i noticed a hairline crack in the grip frame. I contacted SW customer service via email with a couple photos and they paid to ship to them, replaced the frame and paid to ship it back to my FFL (new frame, so essentially a new firearm). The whole process took a bit of time—from April to August of this year, but they fixed a used revolver for free for me and kept me updated via email of the progress.
    I am happy with the outcome and SW standing by their product. For all I know, this was damaged by a prior owner.
    The photos show the crack.
    Have a good one,
    Tar

Name:  7AFA6221-81C4-48D9-842A-09C1DE5D1F76.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  63.8 KB

Thanks for sharing!

Site Supporter
    I find this baffling. Two years ago I bought a 4" 325 PD. It was used but appeared to be in good functional order except for the single heaviest DA trigger pull I had ever experienced. Took it to a gunsmith and he put in a lighter main and rebound springs. He also smoothed any rough places he found in the action to give the gun a somewhat lighter and smoother trigger. The first trip to the range with the gun I was only able to get in 12 rounds of 230 Ball reloads at the end of my session, just to test the pull and how positive the ignition was. Got home and when I cleaned it I found the frame cracked all the way through under the barrels threads.

Contacted S&W and sent them multiple pictures of the cracked frame. They said they'd take a look at it but I had to pay to mail it and pay $60 for an inspection. If they thought they could fix it (replace the frame) I would have to pay for the parts and pay $90/hr for the labor. And pay for return shipping. The gun sets in the back of my safe, a testament to S&W Customer Service.

I really am curious about what the (expletive deleted) difference there was between my attempt at customer service and the OP's.

Dave

I sent my police trade-in Model 64 for excessive barrel/cylinder gap, and S&W not only fixed it free of charge, but they paid for shipping both ways. I do have a 30 year old Model 5926 that I sent in for extractor issues, and they’re charging $90 for labor, $40 for parts, and $13 for shipping. Not bad IMO.

Hammertime
    I have found S&W Customer service to be quite good. They readily take the firearm back and fix the problem.

Unfortunately about 50% of the S&Ws I have owned have required that service.

User Tag List