Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a suppressor for my B&T APC9 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I know non-flow-through suppressors also eventually get pretty caked with crud. Is the problem any worse with a flow-through design?What does cleaning a crud caked suppressor entail? I’ve seen a thread or two talking about ultrasonic tanks, assuming your suppressor is of a material that could take it. My only suppressor at the moment only has a few hundred round through it so I haven’t given cleaning much thought.

I’m a righty. The vast majority of my suppressor experience is with AR pattern rifles so that’s the background I’m coming from. I once put a few rounds through a suppressed CZ Scorpion and don’t remember getting much gas to the face but it was almost five years ago so I don’t have a clear recollection.
    I run an Omega 9K on my APC9 Pro using the tri lug. I’ve ever noticed gas at all. And the can is rated for 300blk supersonic if you ever decide to go that route.

So many options at this point. This is the hassle of the NFA. I end up having to ask the audience and phone a friend before I can make a decision. If they made suppressors Title I firearms, or better yet not firearms at all and completely unregulated, I would just buy one of each of my top 3 choices and sell the ones I didn’t like. Can’t do that with the laws as they currently sit since each can takes an additional $200 and 8 months of waiting.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    So many options at this point. This is the hassle of the NFA. I end up having to ask the audience and phone a friend before I can make a decision. If they made suppressors Title I firearms, or better yet not firearms at all and completely unregulated, I would just buy one of each of my top 3 choices and sell the ones I didn’t like. Can’t do that with the laws as they currently sit since each can takes an additional $200 and 8 months of waiting.
    Yep. And don’t forget the proprietary muzzle devices….

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Yep. And don’t forget the proprietary muzzle devices….
    At least that’s negated by the nature of the gun. Whatever I get needs to be tri-lug compatible since the gun has a fixed tri-lug. If B&T could just hurry up and widely release the RBS-9 SQD, I’d appreciate it. Otherwise, I might end up with one of the other suppressors already discussed. At this rate already, whatever I buy won’t be in my hands until late 2023. I don’t want to wait too much longer before I make a purchase. It would be one thing if my dealers of choice had a range on premises and I could at least set up some conjugal visits, but they don’t. I won’t be able to shoot what I buy until the Form 4 clears.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

If you think the GSL Phoenix is too big, you can always go with a shorter version, the CT9KS.

I was previously rolling with an AAC Tirant9, but the POI shift annoyed me. That being, with the can on, it would shift the POI a few inches in one of three directions, based on how the can was oriented on the tri-lug mount. The CT9KS is shorter, and though it takes a little longer to get mounted than a spring-loaded tri-lug mount, it's solid and I haven't experienced any POI shift from it.

Some guy named Amphibian on arfcom has done a bunch of writeups on the CT9KS; if you google the model name, they should come up.

I am very happy with my Omega 9k on my APC9pro. It’s not the latest or greatest but it flat works and is quite a nice size and I find the sound signature to be very appropriate leave in that that with subsonic I’m not worried about firing without ear pro. I don’t shoot it without ear pro on the range, but it takes the concussion and sounds just enough. Might be worth comparing it to the new B&T suppresor. I don’t know if it’s worth doing a two piece can like the wolf man on a gun if that size and use case for me. I will say I got the Griffen tri lug and I wish lock up was just a little tighter.
    Last edited by Amurr; 10-26-2022 at 08:55 PM.

So far my three front runners are the B&T RBS-9 SQD, the Dead Air Wolfman, and the HUXWRX CA$H 9k. It would be nice if the B&T was actually available. I’ll give it until January and if the B&T isn’t readily available by then, I’ll probably go with one of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rat View Post
    If you think the GSL Phoenix is too big, you can always go with a shorter version, the CT9KS...
    The CT9KS is shorter, and though it takes a little longer to get mounted than a spring-loaded tri-lug mount, it's solid and I haven't experienced any POI shift from it.
    Man, that APC9 looks great with the CT9KS! Would love to see more pics of that whole setup.

I found this thread since I've been looking at suppressing my APC9, and at this point it's a toss up between the CT9KS and the B&T SQD9, if they ever get them on the market. I have a feeling that the CT9KS will be quieter, but there's also something to be said for having a full B&T setup. How is the Curtis can in terms of first round pop, back pressure, and overall sound level?

Cheers

For what it's worth, I shoot lefty with an APC9 Pro and the Wolfman in the long configuration gasses me out after three or four shots. I started running it in short configuration and it seems ok, so the Wolfman is pretty versatile in that regard. I run it with the tri-lug adapter from DeadAir and see approximately 1-1.5 inch POI shift at 25 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBooper View Post
    Man, that APC9 looks great with the CT9KS! Would love to see more pics of that whole setup.

I found this thread since I've been looking at suppressing my APC9, and at this point it's a toss up between the CT9KS and the B&T SQD9, if they ever get them on the market. I have a feeling that the CT9KS will be quieter, but there's also something to be said for having a full B&T setup. How is the Curtis can in terms of first round pop, back pressure, and overall sound level?

Cheers
    I haven't noticed any first round pop, but then again I admittedly haven't been listening very hard for it. Sound level seems fine to my ear. I got it primarily for ease of maintenance, and because it's shorter than the Tirant-9 it replaced. The Tirant also had an issue where the zero would shift when attached, in one of three directions. I presume that had to do with the positioning on the three lug mount. The CT9KS is a little slower to put on, but I haven't noticed any zero shift.

User Tag List