Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a suppressor for my B&T APC9 Pro

I have the APC9 Pro and Wolfman. I think they make a nice combo. By changing the adapter, the Wolfman works great on my Rattler in 300BO too.

So HUXWRX just released a new flow-through PCC suppressor, the CA$H 9k. I haven't seen much about it online yet. Does anyone have any info? HUXWRX was just awarded a contract for 5.56 suppressors by the FBI and people have had good things to say about their other suppressors. Plus it's available at SilencerShop. While I would like the B&T RBS-9 SQD to have a B&T suppressor on my B&T gun, the CA$H 9k is actually available now and, with eForm 4 wait times looking pretty long right now, the sooner I buy something, the sooner I'll have it in my hands.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    So HUXWRX just released a new flow-through PCC suppressor, the CA$H 9k. I haven't seen much about it online yet. Does anyone have any info? HUXWRX was just awarded a contract for 5.56 suppressors by the FBI and people have had good things to say about their other suppressors. Plus it's available at SilencerShop. While I would like the B&T RBS-9 SQD to have a B&T suppressor on my B&T gun, the CA$H 9k is actually available now and, with eForm 4 wait times looking pretty long right now, the sooner I buy something, the sooner I'll have it in my hands.
    While the Hux works flow through suppressors are generally “”self cleaning if you shoot them enough with dirty enough ammo, even the 556 cans can clog and require cleaning and blowing out crud.

I would be much more concerned about this, given the lower pressures and dirtier powders a pistol ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    While the Hux works flow through suppressors are generally “”self cleaning if you shoot them enough with dirty enough ammo, even the 556 cans can clog and require cleaning and blowing out crud.

I would be much more concerned about this, given the lower pressures and dirtier powders a pistol ammunition.
    Is that something to worry about with all flow-through suppressors? I’m not a fan of gas to the face and the APC9 is already a blowback gun so it’ll have more than enough gas to the face when suppressed with a traditional suppressor. That’s why my two top contenders are flow-through. Most of B&T’s suppressor lineup seems to be flow-through or “reduced back pressure” as they call it.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Is that something to worry about with all flow-through suppressors? I’m not a fan of gas to the face and the APC9 is already a blowback gun so it’ll have more than enough gas to the face when suppressed with a traditional suppressor. That’s why my two top contenders are flow-through. Most of B&T’s suppressor lineup seems to be flow-through or “reduced back pressure” as they call it.
    Theoretically- yes.

But powder and pressure matter.

Just like an MCX gas piston system in 5.56 is self cleaning for practical purposes but the MPX (same thing but in 9mm) is an issue.

I’ve ran a YHM R9 on my Stribog 9mm. Works and sounds great, really inexpensive can, think I paid a little north of $400 not including the stamp.

Are you a lefty? I would think that there would be minimal gas to face given shooting right handed given that the back should be sealed, unlike in an AR where gas comes out the back where the charging handle is. FWIW, my CZ Evo has no discernable gas to face when suppressed with an Obsidian45 with a 9mm endcap despite being straight blowback, even left handed (the ejection port being too far forward for the gas to reach me). I would think that the only advantage of a flow through can on the B&T for semi-auto would be to lessen the wear on the hydraulic buffer, though that's just a SWAG on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Theoretically- yes.

But powder and pressure matter.

Just like an MCX gas piston system in 5.56 is self cleaning for practical purposes but the MPX (same thing but in 9mm) is an issue.
    I know non-flow-through suppressors also eventually get pretty caked with crud. Is the problem any worse with a flow-through design?What does cleaning a crud caked suppressor entail? I’ve seen a thread or two talking about ultrasonic tanks, assuming your suppressor is of a material that could take it. My only suppressor at the moment only has a few hundred round through it so I haven’t given cleaning much thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Are you a lefty? I would think that there would be minimal gas to face given shooting right handed given that the back should be sealed, unlike in an AR where gas comes out the back where the charging handle is. FWIW, my CZ Evo has no discernable gas to face when suppressed with an Obsidian45 with a 9mm endcap despite being straight blowback, even left handed (the ejection port being too far forward for the gas to reach me). I would think that the only advantage of a flow through can on the B&T for semi-auto would be to lessen the wear on the hydraulic buffer, though that's just a SWAG on my part.
    I’m a righty. The vast majority of my suppressor experience is with AR pattern rifles so that’s the background I’m coming from. I once put a few rounds through a suppressed CZ Scorpion and don’t remember getting much gas to the face but it was almost five years ago so I don’t have a clear recollection.

Site Supporter
    I know non-flow-through suppressors also eventually get pretty caked with crud. Is the problem any worse with a flow-through design?What does cleaning a crud caked suppressor entail? I’ve seen a thread or two talking about ultrasonic tanks, assuming your suppressor is of a material that could take it. My only suppressor at the moment only has a few hundred round through it so I haven’t given cleaning much thought.

I’m a righty. The vast majority of my suppressor experience is with AR pattern rifles so that’s the background I’m coming from. I once put a few rounds through a suppressed CZ Scorpion and don’t remember getting much gas to the face but it was almost five years ago so I don’t have a clear recollection.
    Soak, ultra sonic and with the flow through you will need high pressure air.

Deadair Wolfman. Rugged just released the Alaskan. Haven’t see any reviews yet though.

correction. NFA channel has a review.
    https://youtu.be/clQuI4bRZBc

User Tag List