Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a suppressor for my B&T APC9 Pro

Looking for a suppressor for my B&T APC9 Pro

I'm looking to purchase a suppressor that will likely be used exclusively on a B&T APC9 Pro. It'll have to be tri-lug compatible as the APC9 has an integral tri-lug and I'm not interested in using the tri-lug to 1/2x28 thread adaptor just to be able to direct thread a can to the gun. I understand that I'll probably have to purchase a separate tri-lug adaptor for the suppressor as most don't seem to come with one. I would very much prefer the suppressor to be something that Silencershop carries. There are three Silencershop affiliated dealers with kiosks in my area and it's just really convenient buying from Silencershop through one of them. If there's something absolutely amazing and game changing out there that Silencershop doesn't carry, I'm open to checking it out. The dealers in the area do charge a pretty high transfer fee for anything not bought through them from Silencershop, though. For example, I think the B&T RBS9 SQD that was announced at Shot Show this year looks sick. They don't seem to be out in the wild yet and Silencershop only seems to list two B&T suppressors (a 5.56 one and a .22 LR one). I've briefly looked at the GSL Phoenix and I like what I've heard regarding the tone and dB reduction but, damn, that thing is silly-looking-big.

The three I've mostly been looking at are the Dead Air Wolfman, the HuxWrx/OSS Rad 9, and the Rugged Obsidian 9. The Rad 9 and the Obsidian 9 seem to be pretty popular for people running them on handguns. The Wolfman seems to be recommended if it's going to be used primarily on a PCC. I'm not really interested in running a suppressor on a handgun so if the Wolfman beats the others for my intended use, I'd like to know. I have no experience with handgun caliber suppressors, only with centerfire rifle ones, so I don't know what I don't know. Are these three good picks? Does any one of them stand head and shoulders above the rest? Are there some awesome ones I haven't considered? I've seen some recommendations for the CGS Mod9 and the YHM R9 as well. I have a YHM Turbo K that I like a lot so I've had good experiences with YHM but, again, I have no clue what I'm doing with pistol caliber cans.

Is there any reason to get a .45 ACP suppressor instead of a 9mm one to use on a 9mm PC if I likely won't be swapping it between random various guns?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Don't have any experiences with the particular models you listed. On my APC I have an Omega 9K , and have been quite happy with it. It has the tri lug mount. I really like its small form factor. I didn't want to have a suppressor hanging off the front of the APC that's longer than the gun itself.

Embrace the bigness. Get the Phoenix.

Best sounding subgun can there is, in my opinion.

Site Supporter
    The wolf man and Obsidian 9 are ok but why not just get the matching B&T suppressor?

https://www.armsunlimited.com/BT-RQD...-122800-us.htm

You can order this (or from someone else), have it shipped to a silencer shop dealer and still purchase it via the SS kiosk.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The wolf man and Obsidian 9 are ok but why not just get the matching B&T suppressor?

You can order this (or from someone else), have it shipped to a silencer shop dealer and still purchase it via the SS kiosk.
    If not, The choice between the Wolfman and the obsidian is going to be whether or not you want the ability to put this on a pistol. In my experience a suppressor on a PCC/SMG is useful, while pistol mounted suppressors are at best a niche item and realistically a mere novelty in most instances.

Like I said in the OP, I’m lusting after the B&T RBS-9 SQD. It might just be worth paying the extra transfer fee.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 08-24-2022 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Stupid autocorrect

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Like I said in the OP, I’m listing after the B&T RBS-9 SQD. It might just be worth paying the extra transfer fee.
    NFA is definitely a “buy once, cry once” endeavor.

NFA is definitely a “buy once, cry once” endeavor.
    You’re not wrong. I think I’ll wait until the SQDs are readily available before I make a final decision. Maybe I get lucky and Silencershop stocks them, saving me a fat transfer fee.

ETA: looks like they’re listed on Arms Unlimited now. Only a matter of time before they’re in stock.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 08-24-2022 at 10:46 PM.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

In my experience a suppressor on a PCC/SMG is useful, while pistol mounted suppressors are at best a niche item and realistically a mere novelty in most instances.
    Yep.

Wish I had known that years ago. Could have saved some $.

In my experience a suppressor on a PCC/SMG is useful, while pistol mounted suppressors are at best a niche item and realistically a mere novelty in most instances.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Yep.

Wish I had known that years ago. Could have saved some $.
    I have no interest in putting a suppressor on a handgun other than a .22. I agree with both of you about the idea. Whatever I buy for the APC will be used only on that or other PCCs.

User Tag List