Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
I am not familiar with any testing data that shows 147-grain HST having any expansion deficiencies, regardless of barrel length. It's what I carry in my Shield Plus, what I have my girl carry in her P365, and what I have my mom carry in my old PPS M1. Any round can fail now and again, but all of the testing data I have seen shows the HST is one of the best short-barrel rounds on the market and it would surprise me greatly if that was an issue now.
This is why I was so taken aback. I recall DocGKR specifically saying it would meet standards in both duty-sized and compact/sub-compacts. I also remember "ShootingTheBull410" on Youtube showing excellent performance out of a short barrel (3" IIRC) in his testing that was conducted with BB-calibrated gel and heavy clothing. The only caveat I can think of is that HST has reportedly been tweaked a bit in the years since that testing.

I know that @Chuck Haggard is not the type of person to make such a remark flippantly, so I'm hoping he can elaborate if he sees this tag.