Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What new, unreleased handgun is everyone looking forward to?

Site Supporter
    Not a new pistol, but I would *really* like some bigwigs from Trijicon, Aimpoint, Holosun, and Leupold all get drunk together, maybe sing some karaoke, maybe end up in a strip club, whatever. Just so long as by the end of the night they've agreed on a single consistent dovetail/ACRO/509 style footprint for all MRDS's from this moment forward.

This, but in .30SC.

"Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I've really enjoyed reading this thread!

I honestly wish someone would build a true DA/SA 9mm roughly the size of a P365/G43/etc.

The goal isn't to have pocket gun, rather something small, light, that operates like a TDA suitable for EDC, much like the pistols mentioned above.

As much as I appreciate my 92's and actually carry them, it is a chore in the summertime here in FL.

Do you AIWB?

I’ve thought about a 92 compact fit AIWB. I’m too paranoid to carry that way without a safety.

Site Supporter
    I’d love to see a LEM gen 5 glock/HK hybrid with an MOS cut

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I've really enjoyed reading this thread!

I honestly wish someone would build a true DA/SA 9mm roughly the size of a P365/G43/etc.

The goal isn't to have pocket gun, rather something small, light, that operates like a TDA suitable for EDC, much like the pistols mentioned above.

As much as I appreciate my 92's and actually carry them, it is a chore in the summertime here in FL.
    Me too. Me too. Yup. And... I agree--I've actually been carrying my Makarov more this summer. It's accurate, reliable, totable and DA/SA.

But I wish there was something like a Smith CS-9 again. The XDe just didn't do it for me, unfortunately.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Site Supporter

Speaking of guns I've been curious about...

The FB Radom VIS-100 is now available...

https://armsofamerica.com/fb-radom-v...m1-9mm-pistol/

In case you want a heavy-duty, military-grade duty pistol in DA/SA that isn't a Beretta, Sig, HK or CZ... and is $900. That's a bit steep for me, at the moment, but would be an interesting buy.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 08-23-2022 at 04:00 PM.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Me too. Me too. Yup. And... I agree--I've actually been carrying my Makarov more this summer. It's accurate, reliable, totable and DA/SA.

But I wish there was something like a Smith CS-9 again. The XDe just didn't do it for me, unfortunately.
    I hear you about the XDe - Lord knows Ernest tried with that: It is just too low-cap for the size and too big to be, ugh, "handy" in the way the P365 is.

The CS9 kinda fit the bill. The Sig 239 was a classic in this mid-sized genre... Hell, if Beretta actually slimmed down the 92 Type M, it'd almost qualify. That thing is just too big.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post

Unlike the CIA, I dislike, very much, blowback. Hell, the KelTec P32 is Browning recoil operated...

But, yeah, point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Do you AIWB?

I’ve thought about a 92 compact fit AIWB. I’m too paranoid to carry that way without a safety.
    "Do you AIWB?"

Lol...

The 92 Compact is an awesome full-size handgun!

Ruger Bearcat in 327 magnum. Or at least 32 H&R.

And the Ruger Carryhawk in stainless steel.
    Last edited by Tennessee Jed; 08-23-2022 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Thought of something else. . . .
    Ordinary guy

User Tag List