Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who does the best carbine/rifle classes?

Who does the best carbine/rifle classes?

Among the Pistol community, gents like Ernest Langdon, Scott Jedlinski, Gabe White, etc are known as some of the "go to" guys for a pistol class. I'm starting to get into rifles again, the last time I actually touched anything resembling an AR15 was when I was in the Marines with an M16A4, and I want to get back into the rifle/carbine game. Any recommendations for instructors/classes? I want to know who the "go to" guys are.

There’s no one singular answer. A lot depends on where you are located and what your goals are. There are many great instructors. Honestly, you’ll learn more about shooting per se from a pistol class, though.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    There’s no one singular answer. A lot depends on where you are located and what your goals are. There are many great instructors. Honestly, you’ll learn more about shooting per se from a pistol class, though.
    I'm sure it's hard to give a singular answer, which is why I wanted opinions and recommendations, a list of names that I could go through and choose from. I've taken pretty much every class from the big names regarding handguns and compete at a high level in USPSA. I just wanted one carbine course to get my feet wet again and take it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by IDontDoQuests View Post
    I'm sure it's hard to give a singular answer, which is why I wanted opinions and recommendations, a list of names that I could go through and choose from. I've taken pretty much every class from the big names regarding handguns and compete at a high level in USPSA. I just wanted one carbine course to get my feet wet again and take it from there.
    All depends on your location. There’s several excellent instructors.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    All depends on your location. There’s several excellent instructors.
    No it doesn't. I can travel.

I personally would consider for a level 2 carbine class:
    • Chuck Pressburg (Presscheck Consulting)
    • Bill Blowers (Tap-Rack Tactical)
    • Mike Pannone (CTT Solutions)
    • Pat McNamara (TMACS Inc)
    • Buck Doyle (Follow Through Consulting)
    • Michael Green (Green Ops)
    • Kyle Defoor (Defoor Proformance Shooting)
    • Steve Fisher (Sentinel Concepts)
    • John McPhee (SOB Tactical)
    • Matt Pranka (X-Ray Alpha)
    • Frank Proctor (Frank Proctor Shooting, formerly Way of the Gun)

Level 1s I don't think there's too much to be gained by going to if you've already had prior training and are now able to shoot USPSA at a high level. I'm aware that institutional training typically isn't the greatest, but with your USPSA experience, I would think that you're organically going to be able to figure out the basics when supplemented with some basic online education.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 08-22-2022 at 01:21 PM.

In the past, I did a class with Aaron Brekke, Brian Nelson and Tim Yackley at TPC that was excellent. Unfortunately Max Leograndis was traveling that week, as I am always interested in a class with him.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I've heard great things about PFC https://pfctraining.com. I'm going to be doing a class with them soon. @Cdub_NW
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

No it doesn't. I can travel.
    Do you have a military or competitive preference for training?
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    I would not hesitate to take a level one with the right instructor i.e. John McPhee and Paul Howe. Both guys who use "video" to record and critique the mechanics of their students.

I would also note that absent a "connection" or certain prior classes with certain folks, many instructors can be hesitant to enroll a student in their level 2 class off the street.

Let us know what you do and why you do it.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

User Tag List