Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 things IDPA should change

Quote Originally Posted by kmartphoto View Post
    I am... there are legions of tards that will do anything that reduces muzzle flip, or makes them believe that it is less.
    I know there are but what are they really gaining? Time wise. At that top level are they gaining anything worthwhile? Would it impact them so much so that we should slap the guy who is trying to shoot with his real carry gear? I don't believe so. Why piss all over the guy attempting to stick to his actual carry gear in favor of trying to limit the guys at the top, who will be there anyway. Instead they force Joe CCW to go out and buy another holster and he ends up with a Comp-Tac belt holster (gamer gear). Ironic.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Allow AIWB if you have a Gadget or hammer fired weapon and know how to reholster it properly.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I know there are but what are they really gaining? Time wise. At that top level are they gaining anything worthwhile? Would it impact them so much so that we should slap the guy who is trying to shoot with his real carry gear? I don't believe so. Why piss all over the guy attempting to stick to his actual carry gear in favor of trying to limit the guys at the top, who will be there anyway. Instead they force Joe CCW to go out and buy another holster and he ends up with a Comp-Tac belt holster (gamer gear). Ironic.
    They'd gain very little, except on low-light stages, where it would be ridiculously faster at almost all skill levels.

Besides that, IDPA leadership clearly thinks that matchs are being decided by 1/10ths here and there, so if a light gives you an extra hundredth per split, they won't go for it.

It would have to be its own class, where you'd be unlikely to have much competition.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    They'd gain very little, except on low-light stages, where it would be ridiculously faster at almost all skill levels.

Besides that, IDPA leadership clearly thinks that matchs are being decided by 1/10ths here and there, so if a light gives you an extra hundredth per split, they won't go for it.

It would have to be its own class, where you'd be unlikely to have much competition.
    Sure, they gain 1 second at a large match, so does everyone else. They effectively win nothing, the guy who is no longer changing his carry gear actually does gain something.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Allow AIWB if you have a Gadget or hammer fired weapon and know how to reholster it properly.
    What is this gadget you speak of?

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    While I cannot speak for IDPA HQ, I don't think believe the issue is that they believe it will make a difference. The issue is that the general membership will believe it might make a difference, and very quickly a mounted light will be seen as a near-requirement to be competitive. Now you've just added a couple hundred dollars to the cost of competing, and IDPA has always been very sensitive about that. It's the same manner in which they've dealt with similar accessories (lasers, etc.).

The fact that some dood (TM viewfromtheporch) carries a WML every day doesn't change anything. IDPA doesn't promise to let anyone carry anything they want so long as they cross their heart hope to die that it's their EDC. "Of course I carry compensated, optic sighted 24rd pistol concealed every day!" At a certain point, what you carry every day has to give way to objective enforceable rules that keep the game as the owners and members want it.

Just look at aiwb. That's how I carry every single day. Literally thousands of people from all across the country have seen me do it. But if I show up at IDPA Nationals, they're going to DQ me on the spot if I use an aiwb holster. It's against their rules, they have a reason for it being so, and I either choose to shoot the game within their rules or I don't.

I pray nightly that the round-dumping rule will be eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Sure, they gain 1 second at a large match, so does everyone else. They effectively win nothing, the guy who is no longer changing his carry gear actually does gain something.
    And the vast majority who don't carry a mounted light lose.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Do they? I bet if they cared enough they would buy the light. I would bet money the vast majority are just there to shoot. Maybe I cling to the WML a bit too much but it seems to me that an organization based on "defensive pistol" should at some point get back up to speed with what that really means. No matter the rules people will game it. Whether they are adding lights, lasers, sights, optics, etc they will flex the rules as far as they can. Most of the people that shoot IDPA are not the ones that IDPA seems to be trying to push away.

I don't want IDPA to turn into an equipment race but also agree if someone normally carries a WML then let them shoot with it mounted. If someone carries AIWB let them shoot the match that way. Frankly, I worry more about the novice gun toter carrying behind the center line as he generally sweeps the gallery while drawing or re-holstering. No one seems to concerned with that. Heck, the AIWB guy is probably only going to shoot himself, right? If someone carries their mag pouches forward of the 9 o'clock position then let them shoot the match that way.

Eliminate restrictions on re-loads. If you want to re-load as you run across an open doorway then have at it. If you want to drop a mag with rounds in it then do it. It's your loss if you need them later.

I also agree I'd like to see something different with HNT. I agree winging the good guy isn't as bad as giving him a third eye.

User Tag List