Thread: Greybeard Actual Pistol Skills Development

Greybeard Actual Pistol Skills Development

Greybeard Actual- Pistol Skill Development Class Aug 6-7 Elizabeth CO

Day 1 started off with introductions and Matt’s explanation of his training concepts. Right away it was evident that Matt is a very detailed thinker and that we were about to dive deeper into the tiny details of our shooting than we had likely ever done before. Thankfully in addition to being very detailed Matt and his wife Angela are also very personable, likable, and have a pretty good sense of humor.
    We had a fair mix of experience in the class. I wouldn’t say any real beginners, but a range of civilian concealed carriers to LE and other instructors. All but two shooters were shooting RDS, which I think is becoming more and more common.
    Day 1 included a lot of experimentation, and isolation drills and really learning about little things that greatly affect how well you execute the fundamental things in shooting. Also, everyone took a stab at the 3.45 Challenge. A difficult but not impossible challenge that I will get one day, but not this day.
    Day 2 was a lot of individual work on movement and putting what we learned on day 1 into practice. Most of this was competition style problems working on being efficient as well as doing the fundamental shooting as well. One might think this could be a slow day waiting for your turn to shoot but we had a fun bunch of guys, and the Matt has things arranged so you learn from everybody’s run as well as your own.
    Day 2 finished with another chance at the 3.45 challenge. I would wager everyone had a substantial improvement on this, a couple shooters were close, but alas, no one made the standard and earned the patch. Then a lecture on how to use all these concepts and principles to arrange your own training.
    I found this class to be extremely useful, relevant, and enjoyable. Matt is a great teacher and coach. If you have the opportunity to train with him, run don’t walk and jump on the chance

I took, I think it was the Gabe White class with Matt (or was it Jedlinski, both were at the same range a month apart), a few years ago. He seems like a great dude with a lot of experience.

Site Supporter
    Matt is a great guy and runs a great course!

Thanks for the write up, I'm taking one of his courses next week!
    Turbo pin, Complete combatant Black Ant Patch

Classes: MSP 3 day AIWB, stop the bleed, AJ Zito's 1911 Drivers Course, MAG 40, MAG 80, Gabe White's Pistol Shooting Solutions, Complete Combatant's Red dot Concepts,

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I took, I think it was the Gabe White class with Matt (or was it Jedlinski, both were at the same range a month apart), a few years ago. He seems like a great dude with a lot of experience.
    Gabe White's class for sure...probably Jedi too.

Matt is absolutely a student and teacher of shooting and that in and by itself is a tell-tale sign of a true professional.

My interactions with Matt were always great. Shot a few USPSA matches with him and was in a class with him before. I definitely pay attention when he talks about shooting, martial arts, and skill building.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

User Tag List