Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flow-Through Suppressors

Flow-Through Suppressors

Can someone list out the entirety of flow-through/reduced back pressure designs currently out there, as well as your experiences with such if applicable?

@Kyle Reese said I need to buy more cans, and these are the only thing I can think that piques my interest right now.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    I've only used the OSS (now HuxWrx) cans. The new Sig cans do seem pretty interesting.

Are you planning to use this only on gas guns? In my experience, these cans aren't as impressive on bolt guns or lever guns.

I don’t have any experience with flow through or reduced back pressure suppressors so I can only share what I’ve heard. I know the HuxWrx Flow 556k just took the FBI HRT contract after some heavy testing. B&T also seems to offer numerous flow through suppressors. Most of their catalogue seems to be flow through.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Mmm, off the top of my head:
    • OSS/HuxWrx
    • CGS Group (using flow-through suppressor caps)
    • X2 Dev Group
    • KAC PRT (but not available to civilians)
    • SIG SLX and SLH (SLX prioritizes backpressure reduction, SLH prioritizes signature reduction)
    • B&T various lines
    • Ase Utra Dual series (not sure if sold in the USA)

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    I've only used the OSS (now HuxWrx) cans. The new Sig cans do seem pretty interesting.

Are you planning to use this only on gas guns? In my experience, these cans aren't as impressive on bolt guns or lever guns.
    Yeah, that's correct. Just trying to reduce blow back, is all. Background: I thought about getting a Superlative Arms AGR a few years ago but decided to wait and see, and I think that was a good decision given the long term reports that I've seen over the last year where people are seeing significant erosion in just 1,500 rounds. Ported gas tubes are out of the question as I don't want to be tied to only using the suppressor.

So, the next step was to check out the current state of flow-through suppressors. I'm not unhappy with the Turbo-K on my Mk18, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Mmm, off the top of my head:
    • OSS/HuxWrx
    • CGS Group (using flow-through suppressor caps)
    • X2 Dev Group
    • KAC PRT (but not available to civilians)
    • SIG SLX and SLH (SLX prioritizes backpressure reduction, SLH prioritizes signature reduction)
    • B&T various lines
    • Ase Utra Dual series (not sure if sold in the USA)
    Thank you! This is great. Gives me a nice diving board to jump off of into the deep end and start doing research. I couldn't really find a list, and there's so many different can manufacturers that I find it hard to keep up. I only knew about the CGS flow-through end caps and OSS/HyxWrx, not the others. Never even thought to look at B&T since all I ever hear is that their cans are outdated, uninspiring, overpriced eurotrash.

Wish I could help.

Have an OSS in jail right now, and looks like wait times are significantly longer.

Plan on using it on an AUG, since they have a good bit of blowback.

My limited experience has been positive.

I have an OSS 762ti and one of their .22 cans.

The 762 can lives on an otherwise unmodified Sionics AR15, but I have a muzzle device for my Tikka T3x CTR for when I decide to shoot long range or for hunting. The .22 can gets cycled between a bolt rifle and a S&W M&P 15-22.

I ran the Sionics/762ti in a Steve Fisher carbine class (500ish rounds) last year without a hiccup. Other than the extra weight and the normal zero shift, I didn't notice it was there. No gas to the face or problems with reliability. Not much of a sample size, but there it is.

I'd buy it again.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    My limited experience has been positive.

I have an OSS 762ti and one of their .22 cans.

The 762 can lives on an otherwise unmodified Sionics AR15, but I have a muzzle device for my Tikka T3x CTR for when I decide to shoot long range or for hunting. The .22 can gets cycled between a bolt rifle and a S&W M&P 15-22.

I ran the Sionics/762ti in a Steve Fisher carbine class (500ish rounds) last year without a hiccup. Other than the extra weight and the normal zero shift, I didn't notice it was there. No gas to the face or problems with reliability. Not much of a sample size, but there it is.

I'd buy it again.
    I’ve got a Sig SLX-C 7.62 going into jail tonight via a friend with an employee discount. Got to mess around with the 556 version a few weekends ago on a 11.5” MCX. Definitely not as quiet as a Sandman-S on a similar gun, but no gas to face. The SLX-C was lighter and smaller than the Sandman-S, but you’re locked into the Sig muzzle devices unlike keymo’s near ubiquity. Chose the 7.62 can so I can use it on my PTR, although it’ll spend most time on a 11.5” 5.56.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    I’ve got a Sig SLX-C 7.62 going into jail tonight via a friend with an employee discount. Got to mess around with the 556 version a few weekends ago on a 11.5” MCX. Definitely not as quiet as a Sandman-S on a similar gun, but no gas to face. The SLX-C was lighter and smaller than the Sandman-S, but you’re locked into the Sig muzzle devices unlike keymo’s near ubiquity. Chose the 7.62 can so I can use it on my PTR, although it’ll spend most time on a 11.5” 5.56.
    From looking around, it seems like maybe it'd be good to wait a year as this segment expands and muzzle device availability increases. From what looking around I've done, the SIG SLX-C seems to be an awesome choice, and likely what I'd buy if I were to buy something right now. The QD collar looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    From looking around, it seems like maybe it'd be good to wait a year as this segment expands and muzzle device availability increases. From what looking around I've done, the SIG SLX-C seems to be an awesome choice, and likely what I'd buy if I were to buy something right now. The QD collar looks awesome.
    My thought is with the NGSW being paired with/to the SLX, the muzzle device is likely to become either a universal-ish standard (ala keymo) or at least a long-lived format. Worst case, the can purchase price includes one muzzle brake.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

User Tag List