Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Dogs killing people

Leerberg has some pretty strong opinions on the matter.
    https://leerburg.com/kidbites.htm
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Yes. Yes, it is. I had to lasso-leash one by the waist to a chainlink fence because it was killing a dog at the park. Hippie yoga chick owner was clueless.
    In case anyone doesn't know this trick:
    https://offleashk9training.com/dogtr...p-a-dog-fight/

How To Break Up A Dog Fight Alone:

Loop a leash around the first dog’s hind quarters (stomach area), make a loop with the leash; meaning, thread the end that attaches to the dogs collar through the handle of the leash creating a loop. Put thread this around the dog’s stomach and start pulling him back with it. Pull him back until you can attach the connector (that is in your hand) to something to secure the dog in place (kennel, fence, etc). Now, that first dog is essentially anchored to whatever you attached him to.

If the other dog is still fighting, use the wheelbarrow technique on it.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Yes. Yes, it is. I had to lasso-leash one by the waist to a chainlink fence because it was killing a dog at the park. Hippie yoga chick owner was clueless.
    The way my brain works, I read this as you lasso-leashing a hippie yoga chick to a chain link fence.

I mean, I've met some girls into some shit over the last year in particular, but damn, dude.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I'm not one of those bleeding-heart dog owners that owns a pitbull as some sort of social justice virtue signaling.
    Well thats puts perfectly in context. I dont have to wonder about it anymore.

The way my brain works, I read this as you lasso-leashing a hippie yoga chick to a chain link fence.

I mean, I've met some girls into some shit over the last year in particular, but damn, dude.
    I like the way you think...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

In case anyone doesn't know this trick:
    https://offleashk9training.com/dogtr...p-a-dog-fight/

How To Break Up A Dog Fight Alone:

Loop a leash around the first dog’s hind quarters (stomach area), make a loop with the leash; meaning, thread the end that attaches to the dogs collar through the handle of the leash creating a loop. Put thread this around the dog’s stomach and start pulling him back with it. Pull him back until you can attach the connector (that is in your hand) to something to secure the dog in place (kennel, fence, etc). Now, that first dog is essentially anchored to whatever you attached him to.

If the other dog is still fighting, use the wheelbarrow technique on it.

That's good info.

Unfortunately, my dog was still connected to a lead, the other dog's mouth was at her neck, (as she was at its), so I couldn't get to it. And there was no lead connected to the other dog.

I had a J-frame in my pocket, but I wasn't about to pull it at that juncture.

The one thing I didn't do, and in retrospect might have done, was pull the pepper spray from my outside cargo pocket, but I didn't think of it as the moment was on us in literally a second and a half...and I just went "hell no" into the fray.

(Now I walk with it in my hand. I'm still loathe to shoot a dog if I don't need to.)

I've had GSD/mixes for almost the entirety of my adult life and mostly mutts as a kid.

But, in the end they are dogs. And you never know what will set them off and you never know what they are going through. Kinda like people in that respect.

One of the best dogs I ever had got very snippy as he developed colon cancer. That change of behavior was one the the signs that told us to get him to the vet for a checkup. Definitely kept him away from kids and strangers for that short period that was the rest of his life. I wonder how many people would have missed that sign and let their dog get into trouble.

Even with their problems, I believe Andy Rooney was right when he said "The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Do you think the prevalence in the middle class neighborhood is due to that demographic being potentially most likely to adopt a rescue dog and a high percentage of rescue dogs being Pit Bulls or Pitt Bull mixes?
    Man I really dont know. I think its a possibility. I dont think its a one size fits all situation.

Hearing about some of the activities going on at their yoga studio (before they moved away during the pandemic)... that would be pretty tame.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I dont think its a one size fits all situation.
    Exactly.

User Tag List