Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Dogs killing people

Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    I knew of an English Mastiff. Great dog. When he was in the back yard he was always on a chain, no fence.

An older woman would walk her small yappie (Pekkie?) and the yappie knew the chain length to a quarter inch. Onwer wouldn't restrain the yappie and it loved to tease & torture the Mastiff.

One day the chain was wearing so it got replaced with one that was five feet longer.

The yappie got bit clean in two.
    Full disclosure I love both breeds and did not personally see this. Glad I didn't. I had a customer Ed who trained police dogs part time with the local departments in WA and owned nothing but mastiffs. My limited experience with mastiffs is they are giant love bugs with people. Story goes he was onsite with a local PD doing some dog training with his mastiff just along for the day and a police dog German Shepard kept harassing his mastiff by barking and biting at it. When it finally had enough and without a sound the mastiff whirled and bit the Shepard's head clean off in a blink. Given their size and power I tend to believe it. Amazing critters.

I agree. The mastiffs I've been around were love bugs, but like most things have a limit. They'll let you know if you reach it.

I have been racking my brain out trying to remember a guy who titled a Boerboel years ago.

Norman Epstein owner it is not easy to do sport work with Mastiff breeds

Bandog doing Schutzhund work, Neapolitan Mastiff & Presa Canario mix.

Bandog protecting the owner's child,
    Last edited by Robert Mitchum; 09-03-2022 at 11:48 PM.

Site Supporter
    Horrible case out of Memphis. You have to feel bad not just for the family but the folks who worked this event. No word yet on what breed dogs were involved, but I can’t imagine responding to that scene and not killing them.

https://www.al.com/news/2022/10/tenn...es-mother.html

Two young children were killed and their mother was hospitalized after two family dogs attacked them at their home in Tennessee, officials said.

The dogs attacked a 2-year-old girl, a 5-month-old boy and their mother Wednesday afternoon in the home located north of Memphis near Shelby Forest State Park, the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office said in a tweet.

The children were pronounced dead at the scene and their mother was taken to a Memphis hospital in critical condition.

The investigation remains active. No further information was immediately released.

Site Supporter
    At least one agency is reporting it was pitbulls.

https://wreg.com/news/local/deadly-p...ty-concerns-1/

Wednesday evening, two children in Millington were killed and their mother was critically injured in a brutal attack at home by their pit bulls.

ORIGINAL STORY: Children killed, mother injured by family dogs: SCSO
    The dogs were confiscated by Memphis Animal Services and euthanized Thursday afternoon. Doctors say the mother is still in the hospital but she is in stable condition.

How in the actual fuck can someone, a theoretically responsible someone, and especially someone with small children see something like this and not run out and immediately get a gun and carry it?

I guess the "it can't happen to me" syndrome strikes again. Crist almighty.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    Mario of Thunderdome Bandogs imported these crazy little dogs from Germany 20 years ago.
    They had no formal bite work training; but love to bite.
    I could not stop laughing we just got done working 130-to-155-pound Bandogs before working these little dogs.

Man those little dogs are all go and tail wagging happy about it. The folks in the slides handling dogs thats crazy I had my foot bitten many times when the dog was waiting her turn to bite.
    I think, and I could be very wrong about this, I think one of those small herding breeds ex Australian Shepherd, would make a good family dog and would excell at obedience with enough bite work thrown in to where they would stay on a human till called off. I think thats a dog that would never quit and you would be bit in so many places so quick.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Deputy shot a pit and another deputy while serving a warrant. This is why I preferred fire extinguishers to shooting dogs. Shooting a dog in a house full of crackheads and cops is like the hot brass dance at the range.

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-p...cident-10-3-22
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Deputy shot a pit and another deputy while serving a warrant. This is why I preferred fire extinguishers to shooting dogs. Shooting a dog in a house full of crackheads and cops is like the hot brass dance at the range.

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-p...cident-10-3-22
    Sorry but the image in my head of a stack preparing to burst into a house and one of the guys armed with a bright red fire extinguisher with one of those cones is funny in a three stooges kind of way. I can see the thread now
    “tactical fire extinguisher recommendations”

I know its not actually funny and by no means is it meant to be demeaning to anybody doing that kind of work.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List