Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Dogs killing people

I didn’t read every post in this thread, so I don’t know if serious injuries were mentioned. While more than 40,000 American are killed in traffic crashes each year, over 2 million are permanently injured. My wife used to handle dog bite cases, and they can be vicious and disfiguring.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Dog was fine on my property. That's why I didn't let the dog around kids. We didn't have any kids and none lived nearby. I think this had more to do with the person in charge of the dog than the dog, which is generally the case.

Would you destroy a horse that threw you or a goat that butted you? Jeez, lighten up Francis.
    Your dog has been proven to be untrustworthy around kids….sweep it under the rug if you like

Quote Originally Posted by wsr View Post
    Your dog has been proven to be untrustworthy around kids….sweep it under the rug if you like
    OK. Consider it swept.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I've noticed in these types of threads everyone's dogs are perfectly trained to the highest level. Mine aren't. They come, sit, stay, lay down, and walk to heel. That's pretty much it.

Both dogs are good about checking to see what we are doing. I'm sitting in the basement typing this and both dogs have come down and made sure I'm okay before going back upstairs with the wife.

I'm okay with the female not wanting to let other dogs come up to me, it just got to be a pain in the ass at the dog park.
    I wish both me and my dog had been perfectly trained. I dont have that level of expertise. Ive been dogless for a few years now and Im ready for a new dog. Im looking forward to reaching new levels in dog training.

One thing I did with my dog was get up at 4 and I had an area close to my house that was open field that was mowed I had a glow in the dark chuck it ball and She would do fetch non stop. Id take a gallon of water and a collapsible dog bowl I could carry in my pocket. It was really thrilling to see the streak of the glowing ball through the air it would hit bounce and then just dissapear when she grabbed it in mid air. Then she would just appear out of the darkness give me the ball and we do it again over and over. After doing that for about half an hour we would work on off leash obedience then Id go home get the kids up and get them ready for school. No sane person is up at that hour so I didnt have other dogs or people to contend with. Im sure if I had taken her to a dog park with all those running wild dogs she would have attacked them for violating her or my space.

Heres the kiddos participating in training.

Name:  B52F6547-D2BE-421E-A785-4EF17CD88B36.jpeg
Views: 184
Size:  64.9 KB

Name:  3637CADB-62AC-40D2-A308-3655AA2CCD22.jpeg
Views: 191
Size:  69.2 KB
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    Very instructive. Thanks. I'd heard that before about the breeding. A damn shame.

"I blamed my ND on my dog"
    #RESIST

That was spot on, but I'll bet most APBT fans won't notice how he qualified pit bulls with "well bred" or "properly bred" APBTs (can't remember the exact wording).

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    "I blamed my ND on my dog"
    Apparently cats are either less skilled with firearms or better at covering their tracks.
    https://www.foxnews.com/story/cat-sh...th-9mm-handgun
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Apparently cats are either less skilled with firearms or better at covering their tracks.
    https://www.foxnews.com/story/cat-sh...th-9mm-handgun
    Seeing as how it's a cat, I would expect a complete wipe down of the weapon, and the serial #'s dremel'd off.
    Bunch of sneaky fucks, the lot of them.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

User Tag List