Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Dogs killing people

"Father of two mauled to death by two XL Bully dogs in the UK"

Graphic Video: https://usacrime.com/father-of-two-m...-the-uk-video/

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...ictim-30950218

Tributes were paid yesterday to a dad-of-two who was mauled to death by two XL Bully dogs in a quiet village.

Aston Villa fan Ian Price, 52, was attacked by the crazed animals just yards from his family home. He had been visiting his elderly mum, who lives opposite, when the dogs escaped from a neighbouring property. Horrified neighbours heard Ian’s screams as the XL Bullies launched their savage attack on Thursday afternoon.

Eyewitnesses in Stonnall, Staffs, told how the dogs tore his clothes from his body. Ian, who ran a restoration business from the family home, was airlifted to hospital but died from his injuries. His wife Heather, 50, is a teaching assistant at the village primary school, which was put into lockdown during the attack.

A local said: “We assume the poor woman was locked inside the school with the kids and had no idea her husband was the victim.” Neighbour Amanda Ward, 55, said her student nurse daughter witnessed the horror attack on Thursday. Apparently the dogs got out of a window and attacked Ian as he was outside his mum’s house,” she said.

“My daughter hearing screaming and barking and came running out to see what was happening. One of the dogs, a white one, was covered in blood and wagging its tail. She said it was a horrific sight. The dogs ripped the clothes off the poor man, literally shredded his clothes. He was only in his boxers. Some other neighbours were using wheelie bins to keep the dogs away from him. He was in a terrible state.”

Another eyewitness said that Mr Price was attempting to protect his elderly mum after the dogs got through the hedge behind her house and appeared in her garden. They told the Sun: “It was so awful. He was mauled to death and it was just horrendous. The dogs got through the hedge behind the house and appeared in the elderly lady’s garden. Both dogs set on him. Neighbours came out to help but many stood on this side of the fence because they were too frightened to get involved.

“One brave man got a big stick and was hitting the dogs and trying to get them off but the dogs just took no notice. They were in a frenzy. Eventually he got one of the dogs off the man and the other ran back through the hedge to its home.”

Staffordshire Police said the animals were believed to be XL Bullies but further tests are being carried out. One of the dogs died after being throttled at the scene and the other was put down by a vet. Police said a 30-year-old man, from the Lichfield area, had been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter. Locals said the suspect’s girlfriend lives in Stonnall and he regularly leaves the dogs alone in her flat. Supt Tracy Meir said: “I would like to offer my condolences to the loved ones of the man who tragically lost his life in this horrendous dog attack. We are continuing to support them at this incredibly difficult time.

“Detectives continue to investigate and we have taken statements, viewed CCTV and carried out house-to-house enquiries.” West Midlands Ambulance Service said Ian died at Queen Elizabeth Hospital after suffering “multiple life-threatening injuries”. Locals said the same dogs caused “carnage” in the village store when they chased a dog walker about six months ago. One said: “She was walking her dog on the playing fields.

“The two dogs got out that day and chased her down the road, obviously scared out of her wits. It was carnage. The two dogs were after her dog. I think they had taken a few nips at him. The woman was hysterical but she was unhurt.” Police were called out to the incident, which saw customers jumping over the shop's counter, it is understood.

It comes as Prime Minister Rishi Sunak announced today that XL Bully dogs were due to be banned by the end of the year as they are a "danger to our communities". The PM said it is clear this is not about a "handful of badly trained dogs but is a pattern of behaviour".

In a win for the Mirror's campaign, he said the government is "urgently working to stop these attacks". He has tasked experts to define the breed of dogs behind a recent spate of attacks this week with a "view to then outlaw them" and ban the breed under the Dangerous Dogs Act. A recent dog attack in Birmingham, in which an XL Bully Staffordshire Terrier mix set upon an 11-year-old girl and two other men along a busy street saw the issue catapulted back to the headlines, and was met with growing calls to ban the breed of dog.

St Peter's CE Primary Academy said: "Staff at St Peter's CE Primary Academy were notified around 3.25pm of an incident on Main Street. The academy immediately sent a text through to all parents to notify them of the incident, with leaders and teachers advising pupils and parents to return to the academy site.

"The academy gates remained closed until further notification was received by the police; it was safe to reopen the site. The actions and behaviours of pupils, staff and parents during this incident was greatly recognised by the academy. St Chad's Academies Trust, who operates St Peter's CE Primary Academy, continues to support the pupils and staff along with colleagues from Lichfield Diocese, Schools Advisory Service and local clergy in providing as much support as it can to the school community at present. The academy has remained open. Our hearts, thoughts and prayers go out to the family, friends, pupils, parents and staff at the academy who are hurting from this news."

^^^^^^^

It doesn't happen often, but I must admit that I'm at a loss for words .......
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

I continue to believe that I am much more likely to be compelled to use lethal force against a loose/feral dog, than against a human attacker. I see the most-likely scenario as having to defend an elderly person or child. Maulings are so common, locally, that they barely make the news, unless fatal.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Well thank God they're banning a dog breed more dangerous even than the nefarious diesel engine.

Whom do we trust
    With their pre-election lies
    All they give are promises
    Policies to hypnotise
    Smooth tounged liars
    Intelluctual men
    Now their power crazy
    They'll destroy us all in the end
    They're anti-U.K.
    - https://yewtu.be/watch?v=9o7PysEG6Og

I’m dealing with a ticking time bomb of what I think is an American Bulldog, but maybe a pit bull down the street of my neighborhood and I do not fucking like it one bit.

It’s charged me and my wife out walking on the street three times, the first two times I shouted it down and we walked out of there. The third time, we had my new GSD pup and the problem dog wasn’t backing down. I had a G48 out in the downward sul position with wife and puppy behind me, we were cornered in a cul de sac and the dog acted like it owned the street and the property across from it, and then the owner ran up and bear hugged it, baby talking to it. One more charge and I’m hitting it with the POM and then I’m telling the (well off neighbor with ten acres in NoVA) that either he commits to a fence of some sort or I’m calling the cops and explaining everything. The other neighbors will back me up, one’s been charged twice and others have seen me calmly deal with their dogs charging me and I deescalated and laughed.

I hate being in this position, my kids know to avoid that end of the street, and so do all of the neighbors.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’m dealing with a ticking time bomb of what I think is an American Bulldog, but maybe a pit bull down the street of my neighborhood and I do not fucking like it one bit.

It’s charged me and my wife out walking on the street three times, the first two times I shouted it down and we walked out of there. The third time, we had my new GSD pup and the problem dog wasn’t backing down. I had a G48 out in the downward sul position with wife and puppy behind me, we were cornered in a cul de sac and the dog acted like it owned the street and the property across from it, and then the owner ran up and bear hugged it, baby talking to it. One more charge and I’m hitting it with the POM and then I’m telling the (well off neighbor with ten acres in NoVA) that either he commits to a fence of some sort or I’m calling the cops and explaining everything. The other neighbors will back me up, one’s been charged twice and others have seen me calmly deal with their dogs charging me and I deescalated and laughed.

I hate being in this position, my kids know to avoid that end of the street, and so do all of the neighbors.

I'd report it now, so a paper trail is started.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I'd report it now, so a paper trail is started.
    Agree. This goes to animal control immediately in my book. Ideally, you’d have video evidence, however I completely understand that your instincts in these situations is not geared toward whipping out an iPhone.

I’ve seen this several times. This are either criminally stupid or inconsiderate people. They don’t respond to the carrot; they only know the stick. Beat them with it like your family’s lives depend on it…
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I continue to believe that I am much more likely to be compelled to use lethal force against a loose/feral dog, than against a human attacker. I see the most-likely scenario as having to defend an elderly person or child. Maulings are so common, locally, that they barely make the news, unless fatal.
    I agree, and I've been warning the people in my circle of this very thing for decades. I can make calculated decisions to mitigate run-ins with street thugs, but aggressive dogs (domestic or feral) can be encountered anywhere at anytime.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

That sucks. I agree with @Blades and @Sensei. A paper trail is a good idea, as is explaining to the well off owner that they are legally responsible for injuries caused by their animal. You'll recall my earlier post about my friends elderly father who was mauled. He received a decent settlement.

As well, beating the crap out of the dog is a great idea if it's within beating range and you have a stick. I've had mixed luck with OC spray. I POMmed the GSD Cujo next door twice and all it did was make it shake its ears. Not a decisive win either time. A bigger OC unit might be better? One strategy is OC the dog anytime it's off leash and within spray distance. Owners get tired of decontaminating their animal. Our neighbors moved and took Cujo with them, and I'd like to think that my spraying it was part of the reason.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    That sucks. I agree with @Blades and @Sensei. A paper trail is a good idea, as is explaining to the well off owner that they are legally responsible for injuries caused by their animal. You'll recall my earlier post about my friends elderly father who was mauled. He received a decent settlement.

As well, beating the crap out of the dog is a great idea if it's within beating range and you have a stick. I've had mixed luck with OC spray. I POMmed the GSD Cujo next door twice and all it did was make it shake its ears. Not a decisive win either time. A bigger OC unit might be better? One strategy is OC the dog anytime it's off leash and within spray distance. Owners get tired of decontaminating their animal. Our neighbors moved and took Cujo with them, and I'd like to think that my spraying it was part of the reason.
    OC definitely doesn’t work on dogs like it does people. I had good luck with MK9s but I think a lot of it was the cloud being shot out. Dogs don’t really understand clouds of stuff. I saw a cop who was a former animal control guy fend off a crazy dog using a 26” ASP. I commented him on it and he shrugged and said dogs don’t like sticks. I’ve had really good luck with a bright rechargeable Maglite beam in the eyesand a sharp Pfui (Phooey) command. They don’t have a clue it means shame/bad dog but they understand the harsh, guttural tone.

I’d definitely file a report on the loose dog charging people along with any other neighbor who was charged. It make things simpler if the shit hits the fan later.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List