Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Dogs killing people

Quote Originally Posted by Tuefelhunden View Post
    This may have been mentioned already but is pepper spray or mace a good deterrent to a dog attack or would it just get more PO'd?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    It definitely doesn’t work on dogs like it does humans. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a dog get angry because it was exposed but then if I saw or sprayed a dog it was already actively hostile. I like a fog for dogs. The cloud seems to confuse them more than the OC effecting them.

Our K9s were trained to search in a gas environment since we worked with SWAT a lot. They were affected in heavy gas environments but they’d keep searching and engage when the decoy was found.
    My civilian experience is consistent with this. When sprayed in the face, the response by attacking or fighting dogs was disappointing and ranged from distracted (shaking head, pawing face) to no effect at all. But, when sprayed on the backside the effect was more decisive. Both times I've squirted OC on a dog's butthole, the attack stopped immediately and the dog chased its tail.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    But, when sprayed on the backside the effect was more decisive. Both times I've squirted OC on a dog's butthole, the attack stopped immediately and the dog chased its tail.
    20 year old swat meme is relevant as ever

Name:  aimfortheass.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  18.5 KB

Site Supporter
    Officer shoots two dogs who had just attacked a dude in an alley and were acting aggressively towards a neighbor.

Columbus, Ohio — On May 21, 2023, at approximately 6:50 pm, while officers were in the area of the 400 Block of E. Walnut St. at an unrelated call for service, they heard a male yelling for help in the east / west alleyway at the rear of the residence. As they approached, officers observed the man who was allegedly attacked by two dogs, and the dogs were still in the area aggressing witnesses at the time of our officers' arrival. As officers approached witnesses, the two dogs charged a witness at his vehicle - forcing officer to wedge himself between the witnesses and the dogs. The dogs remained on a grassy area, outside of a fence near the alley for a very brief moment before charging again. After the canines continued their behavior and charged the officers, one of the officers stopped the charge by shooting both animals (wounding one and killing the other). The victim was transported from the scene for treatment of several bite wounds/injuries.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 05-24-2023 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Officer shoots two dogs who had just attacked a dude in an alley and were acting aggressively towards a neighbor.
    Checked the breed. Nodded head.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post

Doesn’t surprise me this happened in Columbus. I live right outside the city and it seems like everyone in southern Ohio owns pit bulls and the majority of owners do not train them properly.

Looks like Britian has the right idea.

Unfortunately enforcement is lacking;
    https://www.foxnews.com/world/sunbat...n-law-arrested

No one died, including the dog but I almost shot a dog when walking with my pregnant wife.. people stood there and watched as it charged us and moving toward my wife as I out myself between it and her. I showed a lot of restraint because the number of people outside their house. They didn't do anything until they realized I had my hand in my Fanny pack and started yelling at the dog while blading my body.

Some people really do not give a shit about others.

"Its eyes looked evil ......"

For longer than I can remember, folks have given me puzzled looks when I tell them that dogs (feral & domestic) are higher on my threat hierarchy than thugs.

Reported by other sources to be a Bull Terrier and Cane Corso.

https://www.wral.com/story/never-see...unty/20938689/
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

I was assured the other day that there is no such breed as Pit Bull, that a pit bull is any dog mean enough to fight in a pit. By a bulldog owner, of course.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Florida dog attack leaves 6-year-old boy dead

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/flo...-old-boy-dead/

A 6-year-old boy died after he was attacked by the family dog, police in Florida said Wednesday.

Police officers in the city of North Port, in Sarasota County, rushed to a home on the 2700 block of Badger Lane on Tuesday around 10:30 a.m. after reports of a dog bite, officials said. The wounded boy was flown to a hospital with "extensive traumatic injuries." He was then transferred to a second hospital, where he died.

The dog, a 3-year-old pit bull mix, was taken by the Sarasota County Animal Services, police said. The boy and the dog lived together in the same home. Police don't know of any previous incidents involving the dog's behavior.

User Tag List