Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2022 Lock box for car?

Site Supporter
    I'll add that in a recent rear end collision, the headrests in my Jeep Grand Cherokee both expanded and the front sprang forward. I had never seen/heard of this before but apparently it's one of the safety features to prevent whiplash. Seems to have worked, so I wouldn't want to mess with that.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for suggestions. Having been in a serious rear end collision (where a woman at full high speed, hit a stopped car in back of mine and that one blasted into me), I don't think I need a gun whacking my head.

Keep it coming, folks. The parking lot bans though, may make it a moot point though.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Thanks for suggestions. Having been in a serious rear end collision (where a woman at full high speed, hit a stopped car in back of mine and that one blasted into me), I don't think I need a gun whacking my head.

Keep it coming, folks. The parking lot bans though, may make it a moot point though.
    That’s the hassle with USPS, to not be in violation you have to park at an adjacent business.

Edit to add: or at least on the street off their property.
    Last edited by sharps54; 08-19-2022 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Clarify

I look forward to hearing about something new in this thread.

The various simplex based lock units, because I don't trust batteries, like Ft. Knox or vline units have been in all my vehicles, in the console or under a seat, in some cases mounted inside the glove box, or bolted behind the console in my "work cab" style trucks for 25+ years and I would switch if there is indeed something better. Have not seen it yet.

If I did not have to deal with a few NPE's and frequently leaving the gun in my car at the airport while flying to the communist northeast US I would not have one at all at this point.

Ft Knox PB 1 in a mini suv. Bolted in. Against the back seat and the fender well. A thief has to overcome 4 bolts. Plus theres one of those organizers with road emergency stuff and whatever back there. Theres always something on top of it so its not visible. If you want to go full bore you could weld it in or drop the tank and put nuts on the bolts.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List