Thread: Kydex CQC-S Equivalent

Kydex CQC-S Equivalent

It seems like the classic Alessi CQC-S holster is probably the pinnacle of easy on, easy off belt slides. Unfortunately, I've never seen anything similar made of kydex.

It seems like (some of) the genius of the CQC-S is that the snaps go under the belt instead of over it. Therefore, the flaps face upward, which prevents them from unsnapping when sitting and avoids the shirt tail from snagging on the draw.

I've been using a Raven Perun with QMS kit. But like other designs, the snap loops face the wrong way (down).

Is anyone aware of a kydex rig with snap loops like the CQC-S?

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    It seems like (some of) the genius of the CQC-S is that the snaps go under the belt instead of over it. Therefore, the flaps face upward, which prevents them from unsnapping when sitting and avoids the shirt tail from snagging on the draw.

I've been using a Raven Perun with QMS kit. But like other designs, the snap loops face the wrong way (down).

Sorry, I was trying to respond so quickly, I completely overlooked this requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    It seems like the classic Alessi CQC-S holster is probably the pinnacle of easy on, easy off belt slides. Unfortunately, I've never seen anything similar made of kydex.

I agree about the CQC-S. It’s my favorite OWB concealment holster. Don’t have an answer for you, at the moment I do have a Kydex that is similar, though I’ll have to look at it in more detail.

@Tony Mayer was talking awhile back that he had a snap on idea for his OWB1 that he was developing. I haven’t heard anything in a bit, though.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    @Tony Mayer was talking awhile back that he had a snap on idea for his OWB1 that he was developing. I haven’t heard anything in a bit, though.
    It's still in the prototype phase, busy as hell so any new stuff has to go on back burner.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Sorry, I was trying to respond so quickly, I completely overlooked this requirement.
    Couldn't the loops be rotated?
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Couldn't the loops be rotated?
    I've wondered that myself, but I don't have any firsthand experience with either.

Thanks for the responses guys. It seems odd that as good as the CQC-S was/is, that nothing has been done out of Kydex to replicate it.

I tried turning the QMS over on the Raven Perun, but found that the pull-the-dot snaps were impossible to snap upside down. Otherwise, it would probably work. I have even debated making my own loops with the snap directions reversed. But being that I'm hoping to get a holster molded for the Modlite pistol light, which Raven doesn't currently make, a completely new holster was in order.

As Chuck mentioned above, if interested, I'd give Garrett and Aholster a call and ask if their straps can be put on the other way.

User Tag List